We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage on board trains in Morocco

Gatineau
1 post
Save Topic
Luggage on board trains in Morocco

I'll be in Morocco for 8 days in May. I intend to travel by train.

How much luggage can a traveller carry on board the trains in Morocco?

Pierre

Manchester
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage on board trains in Morocco

As far as I am aware there is no restriction as to the amount of luggage that you can take on the trains. Though you may not be able to take excessive amount into the compartment with you. There is overhead storage in each of the compartments.

Stamford...
Level Contributor
22 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage on board trains in Morocco

Hey Pierre, did you go to Morocco already? My husband and I are going there next week and I wanted to know how you purchased the train tickets. Did you get them online? I cannot seem to find a tab on the ONCF website.

Thanks a ton!

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage on board trains in Morocco

ONCF does not offer online booking. Use the search box for details about train services, timetables and prices.

Stamford...
Level Contributor
22 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage on board trains in Morocco

Thanks a ton Pilobolus.. I will be traveling from Casablanca to Fes.. Any word of advice? Can I get a train from Casa Port itself? Also I need to figure out how to get back from Essaouira to Casablanca..

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luggage on board trains in Morocco

There is no direct rail link between Casa Port and Fes - you would need to depart from Casa Voyageurs (an hourly service departing on the quarter hour and starting at 0515 hrs).

Essaouira to Casablanca can be done by CTM bus.

Carthage, Tunisia
Level Contributor
1,014 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luggage on board trains in Morocco

You can catch a train from Casa Port and change at either Ain Sebaa or Rabat onto the Fes train.

7. Re: Luggage on board trains in Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 03, 2013