We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car vs train from Casablanca to Marrakesh

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Car vs train from Casablanca to Marrakesh

I'll arrive in Casablanca at 1 pm after a long flight but have no wish to spend the night there, simply because there is much to see and do elsewhere. I wish to visit Marrakesh, Essaoura, Fez and the Atlas Mts for the duration of trip. Shall I pick up a car at Casablanca and drive to Marrakesh (after a long flight), park it there and move around Marrakesh in petite taxi/foot or take a train from Casa to Marrakesh? I hope to move about in a rental car after Marrakesh, ending at Casa at day 10 for my flight home.

The cost of picking up car at one city and dropping off at another is a deterrent and driving immediately upon arrival after a long flight is not my idea of a hols. But I really want to max-out my 10 days in Morocco.

Pls advice? Thanks.

Ouarzazate, Morocco
Level Contributor
128 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car vs train from Casablanca to Marrakesh

I also don't think that you can enjoy a car drive after a long flight. Why not

- fly to Fes or Marrakech (30 min flight if you have a connecting flight without loosing to much time...)

- and why not hire a car with driver?

That's what I did on my first trip to Morocco. You will have all the freedom to do and go where you like but you don't have to drive yourself and you can really relax. You also don't have to take a taxi in the cities, the driver will bring you everywhere, and can easily get in contact with people and the culture.

I really enjoyed it. If you like some recommendations please contact me.

Have a great holiday.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
620 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car vs train from Casablanca to Marrakesh

Why do not you take the train to Fes instead of Marrakech...spend couple days there and head to Marrakech for the High Atlas Mt. Essaouira..etc.

Definitely driving urself after a long air journey is not advisable.

Cheers

Carthage, Tunisia
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car vs train from Casablanca to Marrakesh

Catch the train to Marrakesh as that is what I regularly do after arriving on a long flight. You will have to change at L'Oasis or Casa Voyageur but then you can sit back and relax, especially if you bbook first class where you havee an allocated seat, more space and a/c.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
208 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car vs train from Casablanca to Marrakesh

take the train definitly and rent a car localy don't take flight if you going from casa to marrakech its a waste of time also arriving at one oclock will leave you with one flight option at 6 PM count on delay for sure if you flying with RAM.

5. Re: Car vs train from Casablanca to Marrakesh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:13 am, August 05, 2010
East Gwillimbury...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car vs train from Casablanca to Marrakesh

Hi Muradan,

I can appreciate that you are frustrated with Thrifty car rental. We've seen the many identical posts regarding your experience with them today.

There is no need to post the same message on every thread that deals with "car" in Morocco. We get the message and understand that you are upset and disappointed.

Thanks.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1 post
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car vs train from Casablanca to Marrakesh

I would like to hire a car with driver from Casablanca to Marrakech.

Can you recommend a website or company that is reliable.

Thanking you

8. Re: Car vs train from Casablanca to Marrakesh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 12, 2011