We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Way to do Marrakech from Agadir???

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Way to do Marrakech from Agadir???

I have be reading all the posts on this site to see what is the best way to see marrakech from Agadir, and i'm a bit confused which way is the best!!!!

I am interested in a 2-day trip, as the 1-day trip doesn't seem to be long enough and marrakech is supposed to be beautiful at night.

Can anyone give me an idea of how much a 2-day trip would cost and would it be cheaper to do it on our own by booking local transport and a hotel ourselves?

Help!!!!

st helens
Level Contributor
713 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Way to do Marrakech from Agadir???

hi sarah, you would be better to do it yourself,you can get a bus in agadir which leaves early morning,having you there for lunch and it is only a few quid.book yourself a hotel at this end,go on a site such as www.travelrepublic.co.uk ,if you want to get a taxi it would cost you about 50 quid maybe more,one way.hope this helps,we are flying to marakesh and then going down to agadir as this is where my husband comes from so feel free to ask any questions. debbie x

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Way to do Marrakech from Agadir???

I have just come back from Morocco. My husband and I caught a bus from Agadir to Marrakech. I notice that someone else has posted you a reply saying that you can get and early morning bus. I would suggest that you contact her to find out more about that as we were only able to find one leaving at 11am. Although it was supposed to take 3 hours it actually took more like 5. The bus was fine - cheap, clean, comfortable and not overcrowded. We didn't however realise that we were meant to buy a ticket for our luggage so had to ruch back into the office to do so when we couldn't get our bags in the bus. As the other lady said I'm sure your hotel will be able to advise you when you get there, or if not your hotel I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction. It helps if you speak a bit of French or Spanish! Hope you enjoy your trip.

Jenny

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Way to do Marrakech from Agadir???

We left our son in Marrakesh and he went onto Agadir by the bus company CTM left at approx. 8am the journey took about 3-4 hours. He said they weighed his luggage and thats how they worked out the price of his ticket. It was not expensive. He could have got a private taxi for about $100 Australian.

We agree just get the bus and book into a riad/hotel and perhaps get a guide for a few hours or full day to help show you around. It will be much better in the long run as it can be difficult to get about the streets in the medina can be very confusing and not alot of english is spoken. French is helpful. Most hotels/riads have access to reputable guides.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Way to do Marrakech from Agadir???

to debbie 8262-

How can I find a reputable company for a drive to Taroudant? I arrive on a cruise ship at 9:00am and we depart at 3:00pm. Is that enough time? I want to see the battlements, the Hotel Palais Salam and La Gazelle d'Or. I would want an air conditioned car which might hold 4 passengers, and an english speaking driver/guide.

Do companies have mini-buses for groups larger than 4?

Thanks.

5. Re: Best Way to do Marrakech from Agadir???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 pm, March 27, 2007
6. Re: Best Way to do Marrakech from Agadir???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, August 29, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Agadir
Recent Conversations