We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Argana, Agadir

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wales
Level Contributor
519 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Argana, Agadir

Have just returned from 2 weeks half board. Hotel is very central to beach and town. Hotel is kept very clean. They wash down and clean the pool surround every week. The rooms are kept very clean, with new towels when you want them. Food is o.k. Selection of 7 hot dishes, which vary each evening, on a weekly cycle, together with a selection of 10 salad items. Desserts are fruit and a selection of 2 different cake items. Waiting staff are superb. there is a no smopkinmg section which we used, Ali and Smiley there are particulary friendly and efficient. Security are on every door entry.Excellent value for money. There is ve4ry little entertainment in the hotel. Use the other hotels for this.Particulary the Tarzi Europa.Locals are a bit pushy to get you into their shops but once they get to know you they don't really bother. If you go on a trip to Marrekesh with a non british tour company,stipulate that you want to stay in a 4 star hotel overnight, and pay the extra. It cost us 100Dhs extra but wel wotrth it and the people who didnt ended up in quite a central doss house hotel. One even booked out and moved elsewhere. Our tour cost 900 ( b and b)and the british tour clients paid 1500 full board. Water in swiming pool is quiyte cold but fresh water, no clorine. Near the hotel the best cheap cafe to eat is BEST cafe, nezt door to the Savannah, which is a good restaurant. Turn left out of the hotel, walk down about 100 yards to the trafic lights, turn left, and then on the next corner you will see the signs for these two , and you get there by turning left., they ar jus 40 yards away. By the way at this turning you may find a small tortie kitten who is not very well. It had cat flu which we have been feeding (with food from the hotel), it is getting better but if you see it by the pillers leasding to best give it some food and water. the locals are also looking after it. By the way coffee with milk in Best is just 70p (our money ) for 2.To see some supper surfing beaches catch the local No.12 bus (stop is just down the road from the Hotel, and go to the terminus (Taghazoute), the cost is just 5dhs.This locaol toen is where Spain was 25 years ago. A few nice cafes overlook the beach and you can walk along the beach to a camp site and catch the bus back from the site entrance.If you need any more information just let me know.

hotel tivoli,agadir
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Argana, Agadir

Please could you advise me if the buses/taxis take surf boards,when you wish to travel to the surf beaches

I am staying in Hotel Tivoli ,Agadir,over New year with a teenage son who is very keen on surfing.

|Is it sensible to bring his own surf board,or not worth the hassel?

Thankyou

Alex

hotel tivoli,agadir
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Argana, Agadir

Please could you advise me if the buses/taxis take surf boards,when you wish to travel to the surf beaches

I am staying in Hotel Tivoli ,Agadir,over New year with a teenage son who is very keen on surfing.

Thankyou

Alex

hotel tivoli,agadir
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Argana, Agadir

Thankyou

Alex

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
484 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Argana, Agadir

yYes you can take surfboards on the local buses. You can get the local bus for Taghzout it takes about 30mins.

wales
Level Contributor
519 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Argana, Agadir

In Taghzout there are a number of surf shops. They generally have boards for hire. There are shops in Agadir which also hire boards. So I would not bother about bringing your own. You can take boards on the local buses or in taxis if you use these. If you want to use the beaches beyond Tag. you will find that you can pick upm a taxi for the short ride in the Tag. square area. By the way if you want a good taxi (car and driver) when in Agadir phone El Qach MOHAMED, call him MOHAMED on GSM 062 22 54 37. His taxi is the Mer smaler three seater ones runing about the twon. Fix the price for your journey. He does not speak much english but is safe and ideal for longer journeys, and very fair with his prices. If you want to go on ANY TRIPS CONTACT Khadija of Cote D'azur Travel 061098904 (mobile), or 048 82 74 92 .Her office if located in the arcade about 50 yards from the Agana Hotel, (come out of the front entrance of the hotel, turn left and walk along the road close to the shop frontages, past the pharmacy, until you see the arcade entrance., the address is No.1/1 Fondation Hassan11, Avenue Mohamed V 80.000 Agadir e-mail cotedazurtravel@hotmail.fr. There are a number of other travel offices in this arcade area so do make sure you go the the correct one and ignore the offers of others in this arcade. Al the very best. Duncan

6. Re: Hotel Argana, Agadir

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 19, 2009