We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Residence InTouriste in Agadir should we stay there

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manchester, England
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Residence InTouriste in Agadir should we stay there

Is it really as bad as it sounds in some of the reviews??

I have had a look on the website and on the different reviews it seems ok and really cheap we are only in Agadir for 5 days.

We hope to eat out in Agadir most of the time we are booking the apartment on a bed and breakfast basis or is it better to book half board?

also how far is it from the shops, restaurants and general centre?

Chesterfield England
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Residence InTouriste in Agadir should we stay there

Hi kizzza if you book b&b there are plenty of places to eat & very reasonable but if I were you half board will be a better option if its your first time in Agadir . the hotel you are talking about is new only about 2yrs old and very clean. If you are not sure about Agadir see my review on hotel anezi , my " second home " , happysnapper.jp

manchester, England
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Residence InTouriste in Agadir should we stay there

thanks HappysnapperJP for your help thats great i did read your review on the other hotel that sounds good too. do you know how far the Residence InTouriste is from the main hub of agadir?

my husband loves eating out but we may take up your advice on going half board do you know aprox cost of a taxi to and from Residence InTouriste to all the shops and resteraunts also can you reccomend any things to do or places to go while we are there?

thanks again

Chesterfield England
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Residence InTouriste in Agadir should we stay there

Hi kizzza its a steady 15 min stroll to the centre of the city, or a taxi is cheap enough dont give more than 10 dirhams, which is about 60p.for an orange petit taxi.Its a bit difficult suggesting places to go as you say you are only there for 5 days ,visit the medina d agadir there is a minibus 60 dhms. which includes admsn. it is a cultural centre which gives you an insight into the real morocco . If you have time visit Taroudant [ little marrakesh] as it is known plenty of trips there and see the real morocco, which is not far away. Also another fav. place of mine is Taghazout you can go there on the local bus no.12 very cheap about 4 dhms [25p] which is 20 kms away its beautifull.If you feel confident enough by all means go b/b as there are plenty of good restaurants ,I suggested h/bmainly as usually it takes 2 or3 days to get your bearings. hope the info helps. Happysnapperjp

London
Level Contributor
237 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Residence InTouriste in Agadir should we stay there

I stayed there in August and had a good time. The staff are the best part about the hotel. The hotel is very clean but in the middle of building work. Don't let that put you off as we never heard any of the building work.

We always had a drink in the bar and watched the entertainment and then wient into town for dinner. I would go B&B as the lunch isn't that great. There is plenty of choice in town.

You will need to get a taxi into town which are cheap so not a problem and there are pleny to flag down. Just get him to turn the old meter on or you will pay over the odds. I gave a large tip to the drivers who put the meter on without me asking.

There isn't much in the way of shops just lots of restaurants on the beach front. There is a lovely Italian just a few roads inland, infact it's a street with a few next to each other.

London
Level Contributor
237 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Residence InTouriste in Agadir should we stay there

I have a map of the area here:

www.pbase.com/steve1975l/image/69406742/large

manchester, England
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Residence InTouriste in Agadir should we stay there

thank you all for all your information i will have a look through then i will probablly be back with more questions

thanks again

London
Level Contributor
237 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Residence InTouriste in Agadir should we stay there

I have the prices and desctiption of organised trips at home. Let me know if you would like a copy or if you need anything else.

manchester, England
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Residence InTouriste in Agadir should we stay there

yes please steve that would be great thanks

London
Level Contributor
237 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Residence InTouriste in Agadir should we stay there

Send me a message to stephenbutterworth@yahoo.ie

north of england
Level Contributor
219 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Residence InTouriste in Agadir should we stay there

Hi Steve -just tried to send you an e-mail requesting the info you offered to Kizzza re restaurants and trips etc. I'm also going to Agadir this w/e. The email address is faulty so message not sent. Is your add @yahoo.ie?