We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Currency

Hi, wondering if anyone can offer advice? We go to Agadir in just over two weeks and can't get currency, we need to pay for a taxi from the airport as we don't like coach transfers so can we pay in Euros if we get some? Also what should we expect to pay for a taxi from the airport? It's my first time in Morocco. Thank you in advance.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,667 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Currency

OK. and I did read your posts properly. So Julie who has never visited before is the one you want advice from?

UK
Level Contributor
579 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Currency

I'm with the "don't buy your currency before you go" crowd, always seems to be a worse rate in the UK. 1,000 Dirhams about £90? Should be more like £75. A question for the Morocco regulars, is there much difference in the rates you get using an ATM or converting Sterling in Morocco? I have always found ATM rates to be much better in most places (I have a Santander Zero card so no fees) but strangely enough in Egypt the rates were the same. Not too important to me but might be of interest to those who will have to pay ATM fees of up to 3%. And why anyone should want to take euros to Morocco, unless they happen to have some lying around, is beyond me. Why get ripped off by UK exchange offices and then convert again?

13. Re: Currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 05, 2015