We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinking in Agadir

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
KENT
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Drinking in Agadir

Quick question where are the best places to sit and have a drink in the evenings? I have read about the "English Bar" but not much about anywhere else..

thanks

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin, Agadir
Level Contributor
4,476 posts
522 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinking in Agadir

Paul, there are many cafés & restaurants along the promenade that you can sit and watch the world going by while eating or having a drink in the evenings. The English Pub is more of a real 'pub', it generally only gets busy around 10pm and then it can get very busy before people start heading for the clubs around 12:30/1am. There are also a number of restaurants close to the English Pub that have nice terraces, again to sit out and eat or drink in the evenings.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinking in Agadir

Yes the English pub is pretty much a famous watering whole in Agadir. However, the prices are well over the top and the waiters are over zealous, greedy and sometime damn rude if you don't tip them. As Prof Sparrow said, there are many alternative places for an evening drinking sessions. Along the sea front promenade most cafes and restaurants serve alcohol. Few doors away from the English pub there more places to go for drinking like the Jazz restaurant which, like many other, have a pavillion seating so you can see the orld going by while having a good drink. But for me, I have 2 favourite:

1. La Truite (Also known as the Irish Pub).

2. Windso bar in Argana hotel

Finally, There are several nighclubs, but i would advise caution if you want to go there. Prices are high and some of the local clientele are sleazy.

Cheers

Cas

London
Level Contributor
8,159 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinking in Agadir

the prices are well over the top <<<<

agree with that comment - a friend of mine ordered the large draft beer and was a whopping 9 pounds.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin, Agadir
Level Contributor
4,476 posts
522 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drinking in Agadir

"agree with that comment - a friend of mine ordered the large draft beer and was a whopping 9 pounds."

Just to clarify, I'm assuming the 'large' beer was their litre tankard? I drink bottles so the prices as I know them are 40Dhr for a bottle of Flag Pils, 57/58Dhr for a pint of Flag Pils and I thought the litre was around the 90Dhr mark?

The English Pub is certainly more expensive than most places for a drink, but then again, they only charge what people are prepared to pay. The fact that the place is packed every night is a testament to those who accept the charges and drink there regularly.

The Windsor Bar in the Argana is a good bar for sure and bottles of Flag Pils are priced at 20Dhr (the cheapest I have found in town).

The so called 'Irish Bar' is dead as a door nail with not much happening in there at any time.

manchester
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Drinking in Agadir

If you want to sit and people watch I would recomend the cafe/restaurant on the corniche, the vendome/the blue nile and the jour et nuit.

If you want a proper moroccan bar with no sleaze but lots of smoke and fotball I would reccomend the cactus bar, which is behind the Kamal hotel. I've never seen any women in there or any tourists actually.

If you want to watch football I'd go to Maxwells in Founty, much nicer than the English Bar and much cheaper.

Does the English Bar really get busy at night?

PS the local Beer, flag is awful, flag special is slightly better. It's ok for a beer in the sun but you'll probably get stomach ache and headache before you feel drunk.

London
Level Contributor
8,159 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drinking in Agadir

I'm assuming the 'large' beer was their litre tankard? <<<<

It was the litre - cannot remember exact price but was over 100 dhs and worked out approx. 9 pounds.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,879 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Drinking in Agadir

The Cactus—in the car park behind the Kamal—is also my preferred Moroccan bar in Agadirl. Food available as well.

KENT
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Drinking in Agadir

Thanks for the replies was a little worried for a bit that the English bar would be the only one.

Is the local flag beer really that bad? I usually have the local beer as its cheap :)

ta

Edited: 10:50 am, March 27, 2014
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Drinking in Agadir

Let's make things clear:

A pint glass of big brand names like Carlesberg or Hieneken are definitly well over priced and £9 for a pint is no surprise.

Local beer flags pils will of course be cheaper, then again it is of less quality. The nearest best thing as far local beers are concerned is Casabalnca. A can, measuring about a half pint glass was 45 dirhams (2 cans measuring up to pint is about 90 dirhams.). I have a picture of the full menu board listing prices of all the beers at the English pub. Shame that there no facilities for adding pics to cooments on the forum.

Cheers

Cas

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,289 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Drinking in Agadir

In my opinion, Flag Speciale is a perfectly good lager - no need to pay extra for Casablanca or Heineken (which is also brewed in Morocco).

Flag Pils I am not a fan of but you dont see it so much in bars anyway.