We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech or Agadir

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Marrakech or Agadir

Im going on holiday with my children aged 9, 8 and 6. It will be our first family holiday together. Im not sure if i should go to Marrakech or Agadir?

I want a relaxing holiday but i also want to be able to shop and the kids to have a fantastic time either with me or the hotel we stay in. The hotel needs to have a brilliant children's club.

Would 2 weeks be to long being our first time?

Any recommendation would be helpful.

Thanks in advance

Edited: 7:20 pm, February 15, 2014
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marrakech or Agadir

Yet another near duplicate posting from yousef1. See profile if in any doubt!

London
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marrakech or Agadir

Is there a problem with me duplicating my request?

London
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marrakech or Agadir

This is my first family holiday with my kids and I want to make sure I get it right. Is there anything wrong with that?

London
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marrakech or Agadir

This is my first family holiday with my kids and I want to make sure I get it right. Is there anything wrong with that?

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,504 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marrakech or Agadir

Sharon, if you have further questions, just add them to your initial thread. No need to start a new one, which just confuses everyone on here.

You don't say what time of year you are going. Is this August per your posts for the Dominican Republic? Personally I don't like Agadir and would always recommend Marrakech. We took our young daughters to Marrakech in the 1980s three years running and they had a great time with the 'animateurs' (childrens' entertainers) in the modern hotels in Gueliz.

At the time we stayed at Club n'Fis but thirty years later this has now gone substantially upmarket as Meridien n'Fis.

Edited: 8:31 am, February 16, 2014
London
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marrakech or Agadir

Ok thank you. I was told by somebody else to go on to this posting, but thanks for the advise.

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Marrakech or Agadir

My suggestion is that you go to Agadir and stay in the Caribbean Village Agador or the RIU Tikida Dunas. Both hotels have plenty of activities for children, the beach and promenade. I think this would be relaxing for a first holiday.

Mumbles, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marrakech or Agadir

Don't stay in the Caribbean Village, just come back from there and it is awful (cold food, dated rooms, etc etc). There are plenty of other places to stay.

The kids will love the large beach in Agadir, but apart from the bird valley, there is little else for kids to do.

We went to Tunisia (Port El Kantoui) last year and there was a lot more around the hotel as well as the beach (port and fun fair).

9. Re: Marrakech or Agadir

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 19, 2015