We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental In Agadir

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Car Rental In Agadir

Hi

Will be staying at the Club Hotel Riu Tikida Dunas at the end of November. We will want to hire a car for some of the time, probably a 4WD and wondered wheather it would be cheaper to book it in the UK before we go, or in Agadir. Also, if it is better to book when we get there, should we do it directly with the rental company or through the hotel. Any thoughts would be very welcome.

Agadir, Morocco
Level Contributor
427 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental In Agadir

Hello. I believe the best thing to do is to directly hire the car from a car agency once you are in Agadir. There are lots of them all around the touristy area.

You do not need a 4WD car unless you are thinking of going south to the desert or if there are many people coming along with you. If you are no more than 4 people, then a small car will do it, and it will also be economical.

Wish you a good stay in Morocco,

Abdou.

www.khattabi.c.la

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
253 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental In Agadir

We hired a car whilst in Agadir earlier this year for 2 days. It was a small car, in good condition, (no air con) and equivalent to a Clio (suitable for 4 adults but only 2 suitcases) and it cost equivalent to 27 pounds per day. We hired this from a local company but to be honest, I did not fully understand the insurance and wasn't sure if this included CDW and all the paperwork was in French!! Since my return, I have heard that it probably didn't!

I'm back in Agadir in September and want to hire a car for 7 days and have found that I can book an equivalent sized car from the UK (with air con) for 35 pounds per day. This includes all the insurance and waiver premiums and I feel much happier doing it this way for the little bit extra its going to cost.

I'm sure you can hire direct from Agadir from companies such as Hertz and Alamo, etc (I'm not familiar with car hire companies) and I guess their paperwork will be in English with all the "extras" explained but you can guarantee you'll be paying a lot more.

Hope this helps.

England
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental In Agadir

Thanks for the info, it does sound as though it might be better to book before hand, at least you know exactly what you are getting.

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental In Agadir

Hi.

We've hired cars in Marrakesh for the last few years from holidayautos.co.uk. All of the paperwork was arranged on the internet. (Though the actual papers you sign and pick up from the agent were in French). We only had to produce our licences and leave a credit card voucher against fuel use, we just filled up when we took it back and had the voucher returned. This November we are going south and will pick-up from Agadir airport on arrival. The fully inclusive cost for a small car is £29 per day.

We did once book through easycar.com but when we picked it up at the airport we had tom leave about 60euros for the full tank of fuel and were told to bring it back empty. We insisted on a receipt and said we would fill it on return which we did and with a bit of huffing and puffing from the agent we did get our deposit back. The tank would have only cost 40 euros to completely fill. Watch out for that.

Be very careful of police speed traps. You may think that the Moroccans have little in the way of road discipline, but the cops are about with speed guns and the village and town speed limits are low.

5. Re: Car Rental In Agadir

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, August 12, 2009