We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxes In Morrocco

UK
Level Contributor
324 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Taxes In Morrocco

A question I hope someone can answer. If booking a RIU hotel on the internet on the RIU site it say for arguments sake booking as this

From 17/12/2013 to 31/12/2013

GBP2,088.36

Taxes Morocco GBP65.52

Price with local taxes included

GBP2,153.88

Yet if booking on mobile it comes up with £2088.36 taxes included? I am now totally confused as I have booked mine but my daughter want to also book. You can see the mobile version on the screen too

Hotel Riu Palace Tikida Agadir

Room type

Room type Double Standard

Meal plan All Inclusive

Per room

Final price (tax included):

2088.36GBP

Can anyone shed some light on it please before she books.Is there aother tax we have to pay at the hotel also?

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxes In Morrocco

The Moroccan government imposes tourist taxes which hotels have to collect on their behalf. After doing some quick calculations it seems that this is what the taxes are. Regardless how people make their booking, every guest has to pay tourist taxes. If the mobile view doesn't mention these taxes I can only assume this is a glitch in the system. Expect to have to pay the taxes.

UK
Level Contributor
324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxes In Morrocco

Thank you for the reply heresmyreply. Even though it does say tax included I guess if it is a glitch they will claw it back regardless. I will get my daughter to book with the £65.52 tax she can save booking It with quidco this way too I guess.

berko
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxes In Morrocco

We paid 246.40 Dirhams for two people for 7 nights in the decameron I have my receipt infront of me for the 6th october to the 13th october we were getting 12.7 dirhams to the pound works out 19.40 for two or 9.70 per week each

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxes In Morrocco

The amount of tax is different dependent on the star rating of the hotel and the city. The RIU Tikida Palace is 5 star and the Decameron is 4 star. Therefore the tourist tax at the Decameron should be less.

UK
Level Contributor
579 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxes In Morrocco

We booked through First Choice and there was no mention of taxes. Will they be included in the price? Last year we went to Cape Verde and had to pay taxes but it was a new law and we were informed before we went but it looks like this has been in place a long time in Morocco. On a similar note, is there a tax to pay at the airport under the guise of a visa?

berko
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxes In Morrocco

No tax to pay at the airport, ask first choice if they pay it for you, I travelled with them to Marrakesh and still had to pay

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
26 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxes In Morrocco

First Choice price should include the tax

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,771 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxes In Morrocco

Anytime I have booked a package deal it was inclusive of all 'local tourist taxes ' whereas booking on sites like booking.com or direct with the hotel the tourist tax is shown separately and needs to be added to the room price for the total cost.

9. Re: Taxes In Morrocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 07, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Agadir