We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money safety

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Money safety

Does anyone have any ideas how to hide money and credit cards on the person whilst walking about at night.

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Money safety

I have a money belt which attaches to a trouser belt and can be tucked inside the trousers.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Money safety

Agreed - a money belt is the answer and there are several makes available in the UK (try Millet's first).

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,067 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Money safety

Passport holder worn around the neck under your shirt.

Sutton
Level Contributor
75 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Money safety

These are expensive for what they are but if they give you peace of mind!

amazon.co.uk/Clever-Travel-Companion-underwe…

Men's underwear with pockets - keeps your stuff safe, here, there, everywhere! Critically acclaimed travel blog Matador wrote: "Comfortable. Not too tight, not too loose. Of course, I immediately dove into the pockets, of which there are two zippered ones on either side and on the front of each leg. I slipped my passport into one of the pockets. A snug fit, just the right size. I put a couple of credit cards and some cash in the other.....these would be extremely handy when traveling; they're a lot less cumbersome than a money belt, and it's one less thing to carry." Men's underwear with two pockets with zipper closures come in a comfortable boxer brief style with two button fly. Currently four colors are available: green, black, blue and gray. The pockets fits passports perfectly and there is ample space for credit cards, cash, id-cards, drivers licenses and other valuables you just don't want to lose on your travels.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
932 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Money safety

i never really felt like i was going to get mugged in morocco. you just always feel like people are trying to hustle or scam you.

i had a bag which inside one of the zippered pockets had another zippered section in the lining. i kept my passport there.

i also kept some money in my jeans pocket that my bag would cover and kept the small change in my other pocket.

http://moroccotravel101.blogspot.ca/

i dont think pickpocketing is common. theyre a religious ppl and the worse youll get is people trying to overcharge you.

Edited: 8:25 am, August 18, 2013
Taroudant, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,620 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Money safety

I have a leather passport holder, purchased cheaply in Morocco, that has zippered pockets where I put most of my paper money when I'm traveling. It is worn under my arm, under my shirt. It has a loop that goes around my neck and another loop at the bottom which my belt fits through. It's comfortable and safe.

I think the underwear with pockets is a silly and uncomfortable idea, and certainly unnecessary for Morocco. I was only ever pick pocketed in Morocco once, and that time it was my own stupid fault!

Sutton
Level Contributor
75 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Money safety

I quite like the idea of keeping my money in my knickers! I have been pickpocketed in Morocco and I am always aware of the possibility of bag snatching. Being female, bum bags and under shirt holders would not help the svelte outline I am trying to achieve.

Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Money safety

I travel solo in agadir and normally always end up going back to the hotel really late, not once did I feel threaten by anyone, yes I do get lots of guys chatting me up but that's as far as it goes! The only thing you should worry about is everyone will try to hugely overcharge you!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Money safety

We always felt safe, day or night both in agadir & when we spent two nights in Marrakesh by ourselves.

Provided you say no to the sellers trying to flog you all sorts of tat & don't flash the cash you'll be fine. My partner & I had a digital camcorder & a DSLR camera most times we ventured out too - no issues. You'll be fine

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Money safety

Fakerman

Replies no 8 & 9 should be enough to re-assure you. Common sense will always dictate not to go around flashing your valuables.

When out in town just take what you need to spend. Leave the rest in your hotel. Most hotels would have very secure facilities to store you documents and valaubles.

Be aware of the souvernir shops. That's where most people get ripped-off if they do not know how to haggle the prices down.

Cheers

Cas

Get answers to your questions about Agadir
Recent Conversations