We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Palace Tikida - "age related/food/smoking" reviews!

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Palace Tikida - "age related/food/smoking" reviews!

Wanted to respond to latest reviews

Zara s -

Comments about age of guests in general. TBH, I would agree. Majority of guests are over 50, or they were during our stay. (well that includes us!) for a week in the winter season, does that really matter? Depends on what you're looking for.

However, I have to TOTALLY disagree with comments regarding food. I never once had chips or pizza, my lunches were salads, & fresh bread & dinners mainly local Moroccan dishes. Fabulous fresh fruit at all meals.

Agree about the, mainly French, rude people, who expected to be served before everyone else at the bar. Just deal with it!

Sunbeds, some mornings it was after 10 & we always managed to get sunbeds & umbrellas.

Philiptobin -

I DID mention smoking in my review, but please, anyone who is going there, don't worry about this.

Yes, as I said, smoking is allowed in bar area, but it did not spoil our holiday.

I remeber 30+ years ago the smell of cigars at Christmas was wonderful!

To be fair, we witnessed that most of the smoking "culprits" were British! They had the attitude " we can smoke, so we will" vile!

I have emailed the hotel to suggest they review their policies!!

In short, this hotel, in my opinion, would not be suit to 20 to 30 year old party people.

Having said that, if you are in that age group & want a winter "chill out" GO for it.

To everyone else, ignore the bad food comments & get booking!

As said before, happy to answer any questions

Tre

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Riu Palace Tikida - "age related/food/smoking" reviews!

paulmichele1210,

My final word on the matter would be email the hotel to ask for a sunny balcony, a room turning right from reception.

The latest review mentions this, saying the rooms to the left are dark. This same review mentions lack of drawers space & lack of porters.

They do have a point, however, for what we paid I would not expect to be waited on hand & foot. And does it really matter if our swimwear stayed in the suitcase all week? I think not. This is Morocccan 5 star not UK!!

Anyway, now counting down the weeks to our next holiday to Skiathos. No porters, no drawers, no 5 star service, no all inclusive (thank goodness) Just fabulous company, fabulous restaurants & to die for beaches!!

Enjoy the Riu Palace. We will probably return at some time.

Tre

12. Re: Riu Palace Tikida - "age related/food/smoking" reviews!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 02, 2014