We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on visiting La Medina d'Agadir

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Langhorne...
Level Contributor
86 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on visiting La Medina d'Agadir

Will be in Agadir one day from 9-5 on a cruise. Was thinking of taking a taxi up to the Kasbah and then a walk along the promenade to fill the day. One of my travel companions is an interior designer so thought a stop at La Medina d'agadir might be something she would appreciate. Can you tell me how far of a ride it is from the port, how much a taxi should be and if we could negotiate a fare with a taxi driver to do the Kasbah, Medina and then back to promenade.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,488 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on visiting La Medina d'Agadir

What's "La Medina d'Agadir"? Is it the name of a particular (design?) shop?

Or do you mean the Agadir medina?

Langhorne...
Level Contributor
86 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on visiting La Medina d'Agadir

Excuse my lack of knowledge of an area I have never visited before. I copied the name from the Frommers website. It is the medina built by Polizzi not a shop. I hope someone out there can provide the advice I am looking for. Thanks

Swansea County...
Level Contributor
146 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on visiting La Medina d'Agadir

Hi keytoyz the La Medina d'Agadir is well worth a visit ,it's about 20 min from the port dont know how much a taxi is as they used to have a free bus,its not open on a monday it has a nice cafe and an antique shop and craft shops,I Would get a taxi from the port to the medina first so you can take you time plenty of taxis outside the medina than the prom lots of taxis on the prom to the kasbah you will not need a lot of time at the kasbah so you could ask them to wait the fares have goneup but still a third of the fares in the uk hope this helps jill

Langhorne...
Level Contributor
86 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on visiting La Medina d'Agadir

Thanks Jill exactly the advice I was looking for. :)

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,488 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on visiting La Medina d'Agadir

OK, so it's not just the Agadir medina you are looking for, it's the name of a shopping/art complex... I found a website for you at http://www.medinapolizzi.com/medina/

Entry fee is 40dh entry fee per person. There's also reviews at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g293731-d2…

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on visiting La Medina d'Agadir

Don't know fare to medina but within Agadir the fare in a small red taxi is 20 dirhams (2€) -they will charge you more unless you make it clear you want the meter on or that you are going to pay 20 and no more. The bigger cream coloured taxis to go out further like Le Medina will fix a price up front as well. It is 220 dirhams (€22 ) from Agadir Airport to any of the beach hotels which is a journey of about 30/ 40 mins so that should give you an idea.

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice on visiting La Medina d'Agadir

It was nice but has gone downhill a little. It does cost to enter. Most everything there is made inside the medina. For awhile the medina was running shuttle busses from local hotels. Grand taxis can make the trip but city taxis will often stop before arriving there as you cross the city line between Agadir and Inezgane where the medina is actually located. Technically the small Agadir taxis are not supposed to go there. The medina is located off the main road just past the Moroccan Army's family retreat known as the "Estivage." I bought a number of very unique items in the medina and even met Cocco Polizzi the Italian architect who built it walking around in flowing white robes. Interesting man and interesting place.

8. Re: Advice on visiting La Medina d'Agadir

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 31, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Agadir