We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agadir and the Clubhotel Riu Tikida Dunas.

13 posts
Save Topic
Agadir and the Clubhotel Riu Tikida Dunas.

Hi All,

We are a couple off to Agadir in Early October. We are wondering how the weather would typically be at this time, and how strong the Sun is? Average temp seems to range anywhere from 24 to 29 depending on the weather site we look at!

Also in repsect to the Riu Tikida Dunas, is there a dress code for the restaurants etc in the evenings or mornings?

Any advice is appreciated!

Sheldan.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Agadir and the Clubhotel Riu Tikida Dunas.

Hi

Just one more thing you may find useful. Our Holiday Rep told us at the welcome meeting not to use the taxis in the hotel car park but to walk a couple of hundred yards up the road and hail a taxi as the hotel taxis would charge much more than the 20 dirhams ( £1.50 ) that is the standard fare to travel anywhere within Agadir. He also said they would always try to take you to a relatives shop before your requested location. This put some people of venturing out in taxis.

All i can say is we used many taxis , from outside the hotel , shops , souk etc and all were good natured , chatty and took us exactly where we wanted to go for 20 dirhams. Just tell them your destination and confirm the price before setting off. We even had the larger Mercedes taxis ( normally more expensive ) take us for 20 dirhams from outside the hotel because , as he explained , business was quite. Not once was there any attempt to charge us more or take us somewhere other than we had requested.

Just thought you might find this helpful.

13 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Agadir and the Clubhotel Riu Tikida Dunas.

Thank you DodgyDJ for your advice, very useful to know! Sounds like we will be having a good holiday, thanks to you all!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
41 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Agadir and the Clubhotel Riu Tikida Dunas.

Hi all, sorry to but in. Thinking about booking this place next Summer. Do you have any comments on the beach? We are currently looking at a few options but the beach is a deal-changer for me. My wife and I went to Cape Verde this year for our Honeymoon, next year's holiday is with her family and our niece, so I am not expecting Cape Verde class in terms of the beach but I do want a nice beach nonetheless.

Would you recommend it or not?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Mentioned in this post
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,570 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Agadir and the Clubhotel Riu Tikida Dunas.

The beach is excellent! It is both wide and long with many cafes/restaurants and an ice cream parlour along the promenade.

Some have criticised the beach as being unsafe and/or unclean. I will dispell this as it is cleaned daily very early in the morning. Just be wary as one reporter recently stated that they found a razor blade in the sand.

The sand is very soft a a treasure to walk on. As for the Dunas hotel, this has direct access to the beach via the recently completed promenade.

In one direction you will see the marina with the Kasbah Oufella just beyond, this is the "hill" which is illuminated at night.

In the other direction is just beach and hotels but trying to get to the best part of the beach in the vicinity of the Royal Palace will be nigh on imposssiblpe as you will be stoipped by the gendarmerie who guard the stretch of the beach beyond.

Edited: 1:28 pm, November 05, 2012
Galway
Level Contributor
10 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Agadir and the Clubhotel Riu Tikida Dunas.

Hi all...

Myself and g/f are going to stay in this hotel in december? Did quite a bit of research before boking and the reviews etc all seemed fairly positive but in the last two weeks there have been some terrible reviews which would put me off completely...especially as these relate to the general hygene(or distinct lack of it!)... I suppose it's simply a case of just going and hoping we get lucky, weather wise and hygene/food wise!!?

Has anyone here been to this hotel lately or during the winter season? Any reports/tip, positive or negative would be very helpful!

Ps: What is the food like? And can anyone recommend any nice restaurants in the town itself?

Cheers:)

13 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Agadir and the Clubhotel Riu Tikida Dunas.

Hi Jimmy,

Blimey, just seen those recent reviews, and we and all others we spoke to said how good the hotel was! Got back 23rd Ocober after two weeks and had no hygeine complaints at all. Food was good, I hadn't eaten such a varied amount of food in years on hol, good range tbh. We never bothered with Lunch, just had Breakfast and Dinner, but ate in the hotel every night and had no real troubles (Neither of us ate fish though!), just the odd upset stomach maybe twice in two weeks each, nothing more than expected really!

On the whole we had a good time and thought it a good hotel, though the entertainment was a bit light, staff were friendly and helpful throughout and we had a great relaxing time. Stayed around pool mainly, no trouble with towels etc and beach always seemed clean and popular.

I'm sure you 'll have a good'un!

17. Re: Agadir and the Clubhotel Riu Tikida Dunas.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, December 15, 2013