We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kite Surfing in Agadir

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
13 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Kite Surfing in Agadir

I am planning a trip for myself and by boyfriend in June to chill out but he is keen to do kite surfing. I have found a little info online but cant determine if there are centres or the right conditions for it.

I see Taghazout is the best place but have already found the hotel i want too book in Agadir!

Can anyone help advise?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,297 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kite Surfing in Agadir

Have never seen this as a serious sport in Agadir although a few do KS.

Essaouira is popular but 3 hours away, Taghazout is only about 20 minutes by taxi or local bus.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
112 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kite Surfing in Agadir

in taghazoute you can rent an appartement 350 dhs / night near of the sea

yes taghazoute is the right place to surf , they have also a surfing school right there

Dublin
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kite Surfing in Agadir

Hi , my husband is planning a kite surfing in morocco. He's to stay in Agadir, the town centre, and wants to travel out to Tadhazout beach, approx 20min drive away and take 3 or 4 days of kite surfing lessons? Can anyone advise re. kite surfing opportunities and contact details for kite surfing instructors and kite surfing schools,. we assume there are professional, safe etc. also, what costs are involved? Thanks Rosemary

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,713 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kite Surfing in Agadir

If you google for 'kite surfing taghazout' you will find lots of information.

There's certainly no shortage of surfing instructors.

somewhere
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kite Surfing in Agadir

Hi DublinRoseG .... Did your husband go to Tadhazout beach and find a good kite surfing school? I will be in Agadir in October and would like to do the same thing. Was there a few years ago and was told Tadhazout was for surfers only.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,297 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kite Surfing in Agadir

DublinRoseG has not been on TA since 23 Sept. 2012. I suggest you click on her name and send a private message. This way she will get an email notifying her of a message in her TA mailbox.

You could do the same for KerrySpiers as they also have not been around since 3 July 2012.

somewhere
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Kite Surfing in Agadir

Thanks John9159 .. I realized that after posting and did send a PM .. was hoping someone else may see the post and comment .. I have done quite a lot of searching and can’t see any kite surfing schools in Tadhazou.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,297 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kite Surfing in Agadir

A quick internet search found the following companies, incidentally of which I know nothing, which offer kite surfing:

taghazout.info/kitesurf/…kitesurf1e.php

adventuresportsholidays.com/morocco/…

xwaters.com/locations/…

somewhere
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Kite Surfing in Agadir

Thanks for the 3 links .. unfortunately the 1st two are page not found and the 3rd is just a beach guide for Taghazout (I did find this site during my previous search)… I see no information relating to kite surfing lessons in Taghazout.

10. Re: Kite Surfing in Agadir

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 16, 2014