We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are the apartments empty in Agadir ?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Are the apartments empty in Agadir ?

Having just returned from a trip to Agadir I have a question that I hope some of you could answer...

Driving around in our rental car at night, we noticed that most apartment complexes around Agadir look completely empty, no lights on in any of the apartments. It was the same thing no matter what area we were in and what time it was (7-10 pm). Why is this? Have they all gone to sleep? Gone out? Or hasn't anybody moved in yet?

Does anybody know?

Thanks!

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
660 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are the apartments empty in Agadir ?

The global economic crisis has hit the holiday apartment business hard in Morocco, and has left whole resort villages nearly empty (seen a couple on the Med coast area). It happened in Spain and I think the same is happening in Morocco, where money grabbing developers over estimated demand and failed to notice a looming global financial meltdown. The result is derelict, half built or empty holiday apartments all over the country. This could be the case with what you’ve seen in Agadir. Or it could just be that the owners just come in the summer.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are the apartments empty in Agadir ?

This is correct - the same has happened on the Mediterranean coast of Morocco too.

Agadir, Morocco
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Are the apartments empty in Agadir ?

they make preparations for december

all the hotels are completly full in december

it will be a grand party for the Xmas :D

new york
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Are the apartments empty in Agadir ?

thats true lafibuledor , i think christmas in Morocco is more beautiful than the USA , i will try to come next year

NZ
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are the apartments empty in Agadir ?

The same has happened along the Med and Agean in Turkey. Empty places that are only busy during peak holiday periods (if then).

6. Re: Are the apartments empty in Agadir ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:22 pm, March 27, 2012
7. Re: Are the apartments empty in Agadir ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, June 21, 2013