We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isango tour to Taroudant

neston,wirral,englan...
Level Contributor
589 posts
236 reviews
Save Topic
Isango tour to Taroudant

In Agadir for 1 day on a cruise & wish to visit Taroudant.

Can anyone recommend Isango or any other tour company.

Isango charge £19.50. for a half day tour.

Could filling a taxi be a better & cheaper option ?

Can you get public transport there?

Any advice appreciated.

Thank you

Mold, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
502 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Isango tour to Taroudant

Grand taxis are 27 MAD a place oneway. This is when there are 6 places 2 in the front + driver and 4 in the back; europeans usually prefer only 4 places 1 front and 3 back. A whole taxi return is 350-400 MAD(£28-32) perhaps slightly more for waiting a long time so if you fill a taxi it will be cheaper.

The tour boats usually bring a number of coaches and then march everybody round the souk without a chance to stop and look properly let alone buy anything. According to some aquaintances who did this they are given a sitdown presentation at a selected stall in their case a herbal beauty products stall.

For details of what there is when you get here try my blog which I'm gradually compiling when here:

darbarbara-taroudant.blogspot.com

If you want lunch I suggest the main square Place Asserag watching the world go by. I always go to Hotel Roudani which I think has the best cook although not necessarily the bst facilities. If the Gnaoui musicians play give them some money its their living. Have an orange juice in Place Tamagrackt too.

Have a good time

Edited: 1:51 pm, January 15, 2011
neston,wirral,englan...
Level Contributor
589 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Isango tour to Taroudant

Hi. themaevequeen

Thank you for your helpful reply.

I take it that if we hire a taxi to Taroudant & stayed there for say 2 hours the charge may only be say £50??

I have read on other threads that the taxis can be a bit dodgy, re charges, how do you find them? Is it best to get a taxi away from the cruise port?

Cheers

Carthage, Tunisia
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Isango tour to Taroudant

There is also a CTM bus, leaves Agadir I think at 9.00 am and returns leaving Taroudant and 5.30 pm with the journey taking two and a half to three hours. This would give you 5 - 6 hours to explore Taroudant. Ticket cost is about 35 dirham one way.

neston,wirral,englan...
Level Contributor
589 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Isango tour to Taroudant

hf01.

Thanks for the info on the bus

If these are the only bus times It will not have the time in Agadir to use the bus.

themeavequeen.

One of your photos show the Taroudant road washed away, will this be mended before March when we go?

Cheers

Mold, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
502 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Isango tour to Taroudant

It was repaired within a week last December. In any event it was not the N10 but the old road which is the main Grand Taxi route. If you read the entry all the main roads were briefly cut off but it was possible to get round. Such rain is reputedly very rare but seems to have happened once a year for the past couple of years when Britain has blizzards.

There was a cruise in today, about 10 coaches with c 40 people all trailing round after a guy holding up their particular coach no. I'm sure you can do better. We're here till mid-march and I'll keep adding things from time to time so follow darbarbara-taroudant.blogspot.com nearer the time.

Agadir, Morocco
Level Contributor
427 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Isango tour to Taroudant

themeavequeen.

The quote you talked about is when a person pays for a seat in the city center, precisely in the taxi rank. Only tourist taxis can get access to the ports and these definitely can't charge 27 MAD a person for an excursion to Taroudant.

Even us locals now have to pay an extra 3 Dirhams for a taxi ride to Taroudant from Agadir so the actual rate is now 30 DHs a person one way. Taxi drivers union justified the raise in the price by having to pay higher for fuel and taxes.

The roads are all good to drive on now, so no worries there.

neston,wirral,englan...
Level Contributor
589 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Isango tour to Taroudant

Hi Khattabi.

I am a little confused on the taxi fares.

On reading your post it seems as if the charge to Taroudant would be 60 MAD each return. If we had 4 in the taxi would it be cheaper.

Am a right in thinking this?

It all comes down to is it better for 4 people to pay £19.50 each for a tour or get a taxi

Cheers

Agadir, Morocco
Level Contributor
427 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Isango tour to Taroudant

Yes, the rate would be 60 MAD return per person, but this applies to people who take a taxi from the taxi rank in Agadir's city center, not from the port. So unless you are willing to take a petit taxi from the port to the city center, then haggle hard to get a half seat for 30 Dirhams, only then this would be feasible. The rate of 60 MAD return each would include an old taxi with no seat-belts or AC, and no foreign language speaking driver of course.

It is just my opinion, but I would not recommend this option.

neston,wirral,englan...
Level Contributor
589 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Isango tour to Taroudant

khattabi.

Thank you for the information. You have made my mind up & I will go to Taroudant with Isango.

Cheers

Brussels, Belgium
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Isango tour to Taroudant

Hi,

In march we are visiting Taroudant again, arriving at Agadir airport. Can you tell me if it's possible to hire a taxi who will be waiting for us when we arrive. + the price.

Normally our friends come to pick us up, but maybe i prefer that they dont do this effort and i want to see if a taxi is affordable. We are 3 persons, but i guess this doesnt really matter as no many persons will share our taxi as most people go to Agadir centre... We are willing to share the taxi however.

You can reach me on sophiecoucke@hotmail.com.

Thanks !