We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Being gay in Morocco

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Agadir, Morocco
5 posts
Save Topic
Being gay in Morocco

Hi,

Me and my male partner are getting married in October and are deciding on our honeymoon - im the 'laze around the pool' type and he's the tourist of us both. Id rather a week in Gran Canaria but he has his heart set on Morocco. We've looked on some gay websites and found that the Agadir Beach Club Hotel is gay friendly, but is it really? And with Morocco being a muslim country, would we be hung, drawn and quartered for just looking at each other? Chris x

Dublin
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Being gay in Morocco

I don't think you will have a problem in Morocco. I noticed a few gay couples at our pool area and also in the clubs and it didn't seem to be a problem. Most Moroccan people are extremley easy going. I think over affectionate behaviour between any couples is frowned upon, at least that was what I read before I went. But when we were out partying it was the same scene as in any sun resort club I've ever been in. I'd say just use the head and you will have a great time.

Agadir, Morocco
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Being gay in Morocco

Thanks for the advice!

england
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Being gay in Morocco

Hi

let me put your mind at rest im hetro but i know there is a huge gay following in morocco if u feeling abit unsure of how to enjoy yer holiday then relax alot of the nightclubs are a haven for gay people for example flamingo which is situated outside the beach club also salammbo over at the caribbean village. during the day if u aint throwing it in there faces then u wont have a prob enjoy!!

4. Re: Being gay in Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, September 24, 2009