We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel in AGADIR????

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Best hotel in AGADIR????

Hi

Never been to Morocco before, would like to go to Agadir.....

Anyone recommend the best hotel to stay at? Ive read some reviews on here but they all seem very mixed. Thanks

Stockport
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel in AGADIR????

Hi I am due to go to Agadir on Sunday and we are staying at the Hotel Kamal which has been rated No1 on this website which is lucky a we had already booked it BEFORE reading the reviews!! We got a great deal through Thompsons and I believe the hotel is basic but very clean and the staff are good. I will be putting up a post with my experiences over there so will hopefully be able too give you an honest review that will be recent for you. Hope this helps a bit

Lou

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel in AGADIR????

hi lou.

thanks for the post, that would be gr8 let me know how u get on?

have a gr8 trip!!!

3. Re: Best hotel in AGADIR????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:41 am, May 06, 2015
North Yorkshire
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hotel in AGADIR????

Hi there

Just got baack from Morocco on the 17th after our first trip there.We were staying in Marleft about a two hour drive away fom Agadir but unfortunatly missed our flight to Manchester.

Two of the locals took us to Hotel Atlantic in Agadir having arrived there quite late we didnt see much of the hotel but had a nice surprise in the morning.

Just had my card bill yesterday and the double room cost £35 for two with breakfast.

Hope this helps

http://www.atlantichotelagadir.com/

Chafford 100,Essex
Level Contributor
199 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best hotel in AGADIR????

Hi

I can tell you the worst! It is Le Tivoli. We stayed there Aug 07, not our choice but moved by holiday company 24 hrs prior to departure, a nightmare. So the holiday was doomed to begin with! But the food was rough, we all had sickness, some of the staff were rude to english guests, the pool needed a lot of maintainance and the entertainment was not in english and if you dared to ask if you could have an english explanation they would give you a sarcastic reply (in english, so they could speek it if they wanted to!) over the mic. So we would recommend that you didn't stay there! However, Agadir is nice. There is a lovely restuarant called the 'Water Garden' the food is to die for the staff are great the decore true morroccan and rich locals eat ther so always a good sign.

Have a great holiday!!

st helens
Level Contributor
703 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best hotel in AGADIR????

hi just to let you know that the restaurant is called jardin d*eau .also many hotels are fab. founty beach is all inc. royal atlas, bit more cheaper is carribean village.al moggar is lovely and so on. debbie x

Bridgwater, United...
Level Contributor
167 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best hotel in AGADIR????

Hi sillydilley, Wife and I went to the Sofitel in Oct 07, If you want to be really spoilt and pampered, right down to getting the shades polished at the poolside,Sofitel is for you! Really great pools, great staff, luxurious surroundings! It really does'nt get any better. Enjoy if you go.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best hotel in AGADIR????

thanks ukdarcy...glad u enjoyed your hols, will take that in2 consideration when booking.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,325 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best hotel in AGADIR????

You have seen the problem now - each person has their own preference of hotel, I tend to avoid large complex hotels, like the Tivoli.

Given that people would have stayed in different hotels, opinions will of course be biased one way or the other so all you can do is read the reviews in the hotels section and make your own conclusion.

Few if any folk would have stayed in all the hotels so you will not find anyone who can compare them.

People expect a lot from the four or five star hotels, particularly on the beach front, but as this is a prime location one pays the going rate but does not necessarily get the best hotel.

You must decide what the top rate is which you are willing to pay; decide on where you want to stay, beach hotel, city or on the outskirts; and what you expect from the hotel.

If your intention is to spend more time in the hotel confines, then you want the best you can afford. If you intend you be out and about most of the time then perhaps some budget hotel can be found.

There are some very good offers depending on what you want and when you want to go.

Get in touch if you want some hotel options.

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
484 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best hotel in AGADIR????

Hi,

Yes , as John says, tehre are a lot of different types of hotels in Agadir. Ive stayed in quite a few of them and found the majority to be ok - but Im not very fussy!

The Sofitel is beautiful and of a very high standard but the promenade building work has just begun here so maybe not the best choice for the next month or 2. The Tikidas beach and Dunas are very well run and spotless - great all inclusive and the Timoulay is a lovely boutique style hotel - smaller with more personal service.