We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Kamal

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
7 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Kamal

Hi, I have booked a holiday in Agadir for my boyfriend and I at the end of August staying in the Hotel Kamal. I have heard it is incredibly hot in August and this hotel has no aircon! The travel agent rung up to ask them for me and apparently their summer guests go accross the road and buy a fan for approx ������20. Has anyone stayed in this hotel and knows what this fan situation is all about and/or been to Agadir at the end of August and could tell me what the average tempreture is? I have heard its not as hot as Marrakech because its on the coast. I would also be interested if someone could reccomend a good, cheap tour company that does day trips to Marrakech and Berber evenings etc (no overnights because it's a package holiday) preferably with a website and a company that responds to emails!! One last thing, am I likely to get hassled if I wear a vest top outside the hotel? not really low cut or anything but it does show my shoulders, is that allowed?

York
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Kamal

Hi, my husband and I stayed at the Kamal 2 weeks ago. It was very hot (would say 37degrees), there is no air conditioning but it does get very cool on an evening (every night I had my jacket on). There is Uni Pix over the road from the hotel which is fixed price so you don't have to haggle for things, this maybe the shop you have been advised about. I wore vest tops on holiday, I didn't have any problems in general with any of the locals but I did feel very vunerable - I think this was just me adapting to their culture. The night life it some what quiet we did find 'The Pub' but there was only 6 people in so it was very quiet, you can have drinks in many of the restaurants but beware as this can be quite pricey. The hotel bar is pleasant and is very realistic with their prices. The poolside bar is great for food and the restaurant in the evening is 100%. If your after a holiday that is totally relaxing then your going to the right place, the hotel is lovely and the staff are great. Any further info you can email me on belindaloveswill@hotmail.com

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Kamal

Hi I am going to the Hotel Kamal (package holiday) on 4 September for two weeks with my daughter, and was considering a trip to Marrakech (maybe an overnight cos there is so much to see), and also a Berber feast. We were going to try to throw in a trip to the desert too. If you get any info or want to contact me my email address is kategingell@yahoo.co.uk. If I hear anything I will also let you know.

Cheers Kate

uk
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Kamal

I just came back from a holiday with my daughter and we stayed in the hotel Kamel, the day staff were great but don't expect a breakfast like we have here as their breakfast is just bread rolls. anyway, one night there was a desturbence in the hotel where the whole of one landing came out to see what had happened as all we could hear was a woman screaming for help banging on a door. I had to give my daughter a seditive that night to calm her down. We all spoke to the night staff about how concerned we all were and we wanted them to check all the rooms of the people who haven't come out of their rooms just to make sure everyone was ok, a group of us wanted to stay together as it was a horrific scream, but they wouldn't let us. they refused to bang on the doors of people who didn't come out as they said they'd have complaints about being woken up we all said if it was us we woudn't mind being woken for such a bad thing as we had heard. we then said ok give us the police number and we'll get them to check the rooms but they refused. telling us that they wouldn't come. eventually we all went to our rooms and I managed to contact the english rep for our holiday. and said we wanted moving hotel, but they said they could move us that night as it was late which we said ok the next day I had a meeting with the rep and the magager or the hotel he did show us two rooms one directly under the room we were in and the other on the same landing which we refused eventually he put us in a higher floor the room was lovely but we still didn't feel safe the manager and rep told us that even if they gave us the police number they wouldn't come out as no one knew where it had come from so we said what about a car accident as they had also said the only way the police would come out was if someone was killed and they knew where they were. and in the case of having a car accident a long as no one was dead they wouldn't come out. One of the night staff went to hit me as I was telling them my daughters safety comes first but the other man stopped him but he put his hands on my daughter which I told him to get his hands off of her be backed off but 2 mins later he did it again. so I said the same on telling this to the manager he said he would sack the night staff which consists of one night desk staff and one that patrolls outside. but when another guest ran down to get them because he was unable to get a reply they were both sleeping on suites which were for the guests. my daughter and myself paid for a flat ontop of paying for the hotal just so my daughter felt safe but even then she had to sleep right next to me and I had to give her medication each night until we come home. we did stay for the last night because of the bus was picking us up from there, we spoke to others that were still there and they said that nothing else happened but there were so many different reasons going around. With this happening it cost us alot more not for the cost of other accomodation but for the fact my daughter can't sleep without having nightmares. My advice to you is yes there is no air conditioning I took a hand battery operated fan with he and a spray bottle filled with water and used that to cool me down. but please the day staff are great but make sure you have the polices tel number or someone that will come if anything happens, don't rely on the night staff as they bloke the fired is now back there working. I hope I haven't put you off your holiday as other than that one insident we did enjoy the rest of our holiday. I just want to let you know that you have to make your own contact numbers just incase you need someone. as the hotel won't give out the polices number and a mobile fone as the phone in the rooms tend not to work all the time.

manchester
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Kamal

hi, we have just returned from hotel kamal. its the second time we have stayed there and we love it! not having air con is not a major problem as the temperature drops a lot at night and the bedrooms are cool enough. the avg temp in aug i believe to be around 34- not a lot diff from june, but it can reach 40s! the staff are really friendly,the hotel is basic but really clean.the hotel food is lovely and reasonably priced. you can sunbathe topless if you wish both by the pool or on the sun terrace. In the city,you can wear anything you like and show as much flesh as you like, it depends on how much drooling you can cope with! the hol company reps organise trips from the hotel but you can find cheaper ones in the city; if you choose to use them though check what transport will be used- some are old transit vans! to get around, use the orange taxis they have a fixed price of 5drms anywhere in the city and to hire one just put your hand out! the doorman in the hotel is brill if you want to go to a specific place he will get you a taxi and speak to the driver for you (remember to tip him though-it is the norm to tip everyone,2 or 3 drms is enough tho 10% is usual in a restaurant. have a great hol!

manchester
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Kamal

hi, we have just returned from hotel kamal. its the second time we have stayed there and we love it! not having air con is not a major problem as the temperature drops a lot at night and the bedrooms are cool enough. the avg temp in aug i believe to be around 34- not a lot diff from june, but it can reach 40s! the staff are really friendly,the hotel is basic but really clean.the hotel food is lovely and reasonably priced. you can sunbathe topless if you wish both by the pool or on the sun terrace. In the city,you can wear anything you like and show as much flesh as you like, it depends on how much drooling you can cope with! the hol company reps organise trips from the hotel but you can find cheaper ones in the city; if you choose to use them though check what transport will be used- some are old transit vans! to get around, use the orange taxis they have a fixed price of 5drms anywhere in the city and to hire one just put your hand out! the doorman in the hotel is brill if you want to go to a specific place he will get you a taxi and speak to the driver for you (remember to tip him though-it is the norm to tip everyone,2 or 3 drms is enough tho 10% is usual in a restaurant. have a great hol!