We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with timings for train after arriving casa/marrakech

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,516 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Help with timings for train after arriving casa/marrakech

Going April Saturday 7th 2007 into Casablanca at 12.45 pm. Is it possible to get to Marrakech that day as have no desire to be in Casablanca. Approx how long to get thru customs and then to station in a safe margin to get possible connection.

Ta Roscoe

Level Contributor
1,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with timings for train after arriving casa/marrakech

Easily. Customs won't take more than an hour.

The shuttle train from the airport to Casablanca Voyageurs station takes about 35 minutes.

From Casablanca Voyageurs to Marrakech, it's a little over 3 hours by train. There are trains every two hours between 5 AM and 7 PM.

If for some reason you don't make it to Voyageurs on time for the 3:16 PM service, take the 5:16 PM service.

For more timetables ("horaires") and fares ("tarifs"), see www.oncf.ma.

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,444 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with timings for train after arriving casa/marrakech

It is about an hour from the time you arrive at the airport until the time you actually leave the airport, but all that time is not taken up with customs. You go through immigration control to get your passport stamped and that usually takes a while if there are a lot of planes arriving at the same time as yours. After immigration you pick up your bags and then walk through the customs area. Generally, you don't get stopped for inspection if you are a tourist unless you have a lot of bags or look suspicious. Once you exit from the customs area you take the escalator down to the train departure area. It's really a pretty slick setup with the train station being there directly under the terminal. You can definitely make Marrakech the same day. No problem!

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,516 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with timings for train after arriving casa/marrakech

Thanks guys for that info....... Again with a flight leaving Casa at 11am to go to Rome------ would i get from Marrakech to the airport in time using the 5am outta Marra if it exists,

ta roscoe

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,444 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with timings for train after arriving casa/marrakech

Cutting it close. If the 5 arrives on time with no delays you would get to the airport at 9:38 am. Flights to Italy leave from a different terminal than where the train station is at the airport, so you have to take the shuttle to the other terminal. Personally, I wouldn't do it. You might try Marrakech to Settat the night before, stay in a hotel, and arrange for a taxi the next morning. It's about 30 minutes to the airport from Settat. They are building a new hotel just outside the airport area that might be completed by then. If that were completed, you could go there the night before and then you would be well positioned for your departure in the morning. Trying to do it all in one morning from Marrakech is tricky in my mind.

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,516 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with timings for train after arriving casa/marrakech

OK thats the info I need and would not be prepared to cut it that fine...... So another question ? what would a good place (other than the hotel scene suggested that we do not do) be to arrive for a days looking. We are into Marrakech for 5 nights as a one stop and the day out to Rome could be another very minor one day stop over. It seems by the TAdvisor that Casablanca might not be so good.... and even more so after the whirlwind relax of marrakech.

Probably what I am on about is a perky interest value place that is close enough to get to the terminal by cab.

Ta 4 help Roscoe

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,444 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with timings for train after arriving casa/marrakech

A day in Casablanca isn't all that bad if you can see the Hassan II mosque. A magnificent building (just remember you can't see it on Fridays). You need t make sure that your hotel/riad can provide transportation to you as it is 20 miles or so from the city center to the airport. The Hassan II is well worth seeing. There isn't anything in Settat to see (an agricultural city). I would do Casablanca, see the Hassan II mosque and then on to the airport and Rome (where I lived for a year)!

7. Re: Help with timings for train after arriving casa/marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:33 am, August 26, 2009