We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What clothing to pack for 2 wk. Morocco tour?

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
2,540 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
What clothing to pack for 2 wk. Morocco tour?

What type of clothing should we pack for 2 weeks in Morcocco covering areas from Casablanca to the Sahara desert and also to the west coast of Morocco? Trying to travel light (which I am very bad at since I like to be prepared for EVERY eventuality). Timeframe is the first half of November. Though I have seen temps and rainfall charts, I'm still not sure just how much the temperature might drop at night, even on a warm day (esp. in the desert as we'll be spending one night in a tent camp). Sometimes we'll dine in fairly nice hotels or moderately priced to low cost restaurants in cities and towns, but we won't be going anywhere particularly fancy. Just not sure whether to bring a sweatshirt, light or medium jacket, sweaters, short sleeved shirts and open sandals or what - ? Hoping someone replies who has been there/done that during the same time of year. Thanks for any replies!

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,531 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What clothing to pack for 2 wk. Morocco tour?

Weather varies, previous years are never a reliable guide. Take clothes that you can combine in layers, topped with a wind/waterproof lightweight jacket.

If it's been a warm day then the evening will always feel chilly. There's nothing worse than being cold.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,097 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What clothing to pack for 2 wk. Morocco tour?

And in the desert they have many blankets so you not need to be worry about to have cold. Often they make fire in the camp which is also very nice of course.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
2,540 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What clothing to pack for 2 wk. Morocco tour?

Thanks to you both for the helpful information. I actually WAS a bit concerned about being cold at night in the desert. Good to know we'll have plenty of blankets to keep warm!

4. Re: What clothing to pack for 2 wk. Morocco tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, May 28, 2015