We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fes to the Sahara (Erg Chebb, sandboarding) to Marrakech

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Fes to the Sahara (Erg Chebb, sandboarding) to Marrakech

Hey Trip Adviser community,

I am going to be in Morocco, specifically Fes, on June 1st. I would like to take a tour to the Sahara, very specifically, to go to Erg Chebbi and go sandboarding, then end up in Marrakech where I will finish my trip.

I am going solo and it seems like all these tours are personal and booked by a group.

I have two comments here:

1 - does anyone want to join me on this excursion so we can get a normal rate?

-or-

2 - is there a program/tour that I can join so I am not going into the middle of the dessert alone.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Marrakech
Marrakech
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
Provincial Tourism Guide Association of Tangier
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours
Aventura por Marruecos
Multi-day Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Eco Tours, City Tours
Rough Morocco
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Multi-day Tours, City Tours
Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,677 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fes to the Sahara (Erg Chebb, sandboarding) to Marrakech

You can always find some tour in Fes, ask at your hotel and they help you. Be only aware to take some tour which make this trip in at least in 3 nights, but much better is if you have more time like 4 nights almost. Don't make this trip in only 2 nights, it is not enough.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,875 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fes to the Sahara (Erg Chebb, sandboarding) to Marrakech

You should be able to find a minibus tour which is bookable on a per-seat basis. The driver may or may not be able to speak English, and air conditioning may or may not be operational.

As khamlia writes, we always suggest four days for this type of trip, but I suspect the minibus tours will be three at the most. So some long days pounding hot tarmac. Not sure whether you will find one that starts in Fez and carries on to Marrakech. You may need to take a bus for the Erg Chebbi to Marrakech segment.

If you are young, easy going and prepared to put up with a little less comfort, this can be an inexpensive way to see the sand dunes. If you are curmudgeonly (new word for you khamlia!) then you won't enjoy it.

Mentioned in this post
Marrakech
Marrakech
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,677 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fes to the Sahara (Erg Chebb, sandboarding) to Marrakech

curmudgeonly - not even in English-Swedish dictionary, there's this word haha

just before I began to read your comment about a new word for me, I've began to wonder what you have found for a word again LOL,

is it something like if I want to have a little more comfort or so I can use also this strange word curmudgeonly?

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,875 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fes to the Sahara (Erg Chebb, sandboarding) to Marrakech

Definition for you: www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/curmudgeon

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,677 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fes to the Sahara (Erg Chebb, sandboarding) to Marrakech

so it is something like I thought, when it is a little uncomfortable so one is not so happy,

or like now, I was petulant now when one bingo seller calls and say Hallo instead to present him self and say what he want - in such case I am much curmudgeonly, moreover I hate all such sellers because I never want to have something or play bingo etc. LOL

Edited: 2:25 pm, May 20, 2014
6. Re: Fes to the Sahara (Erg Chebb, sandboarding) to Marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 22, 2015