We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sixt Rental Car

Oregon
Level Contributor
354 posts
149 reviews
134 helpful votes
Sixt Rental Car

Am considering renting a vehicle in Marrakesh and dropping it two weeks later in Tangiers. Sixt seems to have the lowest rates and I'm wondering if the concessionaires in Morocco are OK to rent from. No Sixt in my part of the world, so I'm hoping someone with experience renting from them in Morocco can advise please.

Mirleft, Morocco
Level Contributor
141 posts
23 reviews
41 helpful votes
1. Re: Sixt Rental Car

I've never used SIXT but their reputation is pretty good in Europe though their prices are a little bit steep.

You can also get a car at any other agency as well, they'll all pick up the car in Tangier if you ask them. Prices might be considerably lower at a small, independent agency. I'm currently paying 300MAD/day for a 5 door diesel with AC and unlimited mileage, that's roughly half of what SIXT is asking for.

PS: Get a diesel, petrol is ridiculously expensive compared to prices for everything else.

Edited: 6:59 am, April 24, 2014
Oregon
Level Contributor
354 posts
149 reviews
134 helpful votes
2. Re: Sixt Rental Car

Thanks. At this point I have a price on a non-diesel small car for only 250MAD/Day including pick up in Marrakesh and drop in Tangiers. This price includes taxes and liability insurance. Does your rate include picking up in one location and dropping in another? Also what is the current price of petrol vs diesel? I'll be driving a lot of kms, so the extra cost for the car will need to offset the diesel savings. I should note that my rate is for late October, early November. From what I've read here and elsewhere, it's better to book the car online from overseas, but I'm not sure how up to date that information is. Finally, which company are you using?

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
238 posts
26 reviews
22 helpful votes
3. Re: Sixt Rental Car

We just came back from Morocco. He hired from Sixt marrakesh downtown to sixt fes airport.

This was our experience:

- they charged 200 MAD for second driver for only one car (we rented 2 cars, I asked what was the price, i think that if had not asked I would not be charged). When i asked why there was not a receipt of this payment the woman wrote "200 MAD" only in my copy of the contract;

- when we gave the cars back in Fes they tried to make us pay for the missing sigarette lighter. Obviously the lighter was missing also in marrakesh;

- The worst thing: they said that the first credit card we gave was not good to block the necessary money amount (12000 MAD) and wanted another one, that we gave with no other problems. But we received a preautorization SMS on the first credit card and the amount was really blocked, as the ckeched later. We were given no receipt for the first cedeit card block. When we disputed this fact they gave us a receipt of the credit card reader with the list of operations of the last days from which no operation emerged related to the first credit card.

I cann't say if there has really been an error from the credit card system or something worst. Now doubts arise about the safety of my card and the possibility of a not expexted charge.

CONCLUSION: i cann't recommend this moroccan agencies.

p.s. rental rates include dropping in a different location.

Oregon
Level Contributor
354 posts
149 reviews
134 helpful votes
4. Re: Sixt Rental Car

Thank you for your detailed report. It seems that if I use Sixt, I'd better do a really thorough examination of the car and take photos before I leave town. I wonder if any of the other companies are better or if they're all the same?

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
238 posts
26 reviews
22 helpful votes
5. Re: Sixt Rental Car

I want to add this consideration about credit card problems.

Some girls we met in Morocco had similar not good credit card problems, and had to solve them by renting a much more expensive car, with lower (that's absurd!) warranty amount.

6. Re: Sixt Rental Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, May 21, 2015