We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morrocco road trip advice (:

Leeds, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Morrocco road trip advice (:

Hi guys, I am planning a 2-3 week vacation to Morrocco for my 21st birthday and wandered if anyone had any advice/recommendations of places to go and ways to travel. I love hiking, surfing, heritage and exploring cultural villages and cities, so Morrocco sounds perfect. Where would everyone reccommend going? and also what are the best ways to travel around in morocco... Also if anyone has been before and done a road trip, what places, activities and hostels would you reccommend?

I also wanted to say I am used to backpacking with minimal belongings and minimum expenditure so advice base on going cheap as chips would be awesome :D

Please don't just say to go on google, as I way prefer talking to actual people about their opinions and experiences than just hitting up google (:

Thank you :D

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,531 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Morrocco road trip advice (:

Your first step is to get a guidebook. Lonely Planet and Rough Guide are my preferences.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Morrocco road trip advice (:

Why subscribe to this site if you are not prepared to use the wealth of information (from real people!) who have already contributed to it? I find that odd.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,097 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Morrocco road trip advice (:

Yes, you need read some guidbook, look at map also and first after to know more come back with more specific questions. Many people done road trip, so be more concrete on some way. Even for example how you think to travel, which time of the year etc.

Leeds, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Morrocco road trip advice (:

I put in here that that is why I used this site rather than google, because I prefer to get my information from talking to real people... That's why I joined the site and I saw a lot of people were posting, just look at google which defeats the object of this site.

Leeds, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Morrocco road trip advice (:

I basically just want advice on people's favorite cities, surf spots and if there were any outstanding natural landmarks, or any heritage sites they think I should visit, whether they're in a guide book or not... I've found that in the past when I've used guide book I just end up giving them away after the first few days anyway because a lot of cool places I find I find through talking to people

6. Re: Morrocco road trip advice (:

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, February 14, 2015