We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Morocco right for me?

Orange, California
Level Contributor
60 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Is Morocco right for me?

I am staying in France and Spain for almost three months. I would like to include Morocco for about 5 days in my trip, but now I have doubts. I would like to go on a tour, but not be subjected to hours on the road, multiple translations, and herded into shopping areas. I am also concerned about going through the High Atlas mountains. Is the road straight or full of switchbacks? Any feedback would be appreciated especially from tourists who have encountered these same issues. Thanks! JRob

Taroudant, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,620 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Morocco right for me?

JHR, since you only have 5 days, why not abandon the idea of joining a tour group and design something yourself, suited to what you want. In any particular location, you can easily find a Moroccan willing to show you around. When would you be coming?

If you don't want to buy a Moroccan guidebook, your local public library will likely have several.

As for the Atlas Mountains, as you can well imagine, the road is anything but straight, but if you are not driving yourself, what are you worried about?

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,095 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Morocco right for me?

I am agree with David. You can go to one city - Marrakech or Fes for example and explore self the city. And if you want not buy guidebook you can find useful information on http://lexicorient.com/morocco/index.htm

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,522 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Morocco right for me?

>Is the road straight

Ha! morocco-knowledgebase.net/photos/c15029-8.jpg

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Morocco right for me?

Sounds like you seriously need to focus some on where you want to go in Morocco. Is Morocco right for me? That's a huge question that only you can answer. Morocco has pretty close to everything a person would want to visit: beaches, mountains, desert and so forth. But the country is huge. Focus a little on what part of Morocco you want to visit and then ask the question again.

5. Re: Is Morocco right for me?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 03, 2014