We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks in July.

England
Level Contributor
180 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
2 weeks in July.

Mum, dad, 14 year old lad and a 6 year old girl.

We have flights booked to Marrakech for a 2 week stay and I'm looking at planning the trip.

Initial plan.

We arrive early evening so 2 nights in Marrakech, possibly at the Novotel ( suite room for 4 people).

Then on 3rd day (sunday) pick up a car and drive to coast. Ouilidia is winning at the moment, renting a 3 bed property there for 7 nights (too long?) We'd end up keeping the car for the week there, is this worth it or should we look at getting there another way, or even another coastal location for easier access.

If we head straight back from there to Marrakech, we have 5 nights in the city with a chance to get into the mountains and the Berber villages.

I know it's hot in July, but the kids are well travelled and have been in Thailand for the hot season before now.

I'd appreciate some opinions...should we just go to Essouira instead, what about Agadir (we are NOT package tour people)........

M & A Tours
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours
Rough Tours
Cultural Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Marrakech Guided Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,801 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 weeks in July.

Hi,

As you are not "package" people don't go to Agadir. If you keep the car you can travel up and down the coast from wherever you choose to base yourselves as 7 days in either town you mention may be a bit much. Otherwise it sounds like you will have a good visit.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,241 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 weeks in July.

Seven nights is a long stay in Oualidia, but with the car you can have day trips to Saffi and to El Jadida.

England
Level Contributor
180 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 weeks in July.

thank you, I plan to make best use of the car and make those trips.

4. Re: 2 weeks in July.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, November 09, 2014