We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Air Maroc is the worst...

New Jersey
Level Contributor
89 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Air Maroc is the worst...

Flew June 6, 2013 out of JFK. Boarded on time for a 2 Hour delay at the gate due to weather with out any information from the crew. Lots of Arabic & French over the sound system. Very little garbled English. OLD plane. Seats so uncomfortable. Gave out earphones. Never played anything to hear. Drop down screens dropped, nothing ever played. Beef or fish were the choices for dinner. No individual air control so a constant breeze is present. Bathrooms were barely cleaned & from the start no soap in one of them. By the end of the flight there wasn't any toilet paper, trash was overflowing. Just gross. Crew seemed indifferent. Return flight was June 16, 2013. Same crappy plane. This time they played 2 movies (my audio did not work) luckily the 2nd movie was in arabic & had english subtitles. lol. Chicken or fish was offered. Terrible rubber chicken. Crew seemed a little more concerned but barely. I will definitely be back to Marrakech but will connect through Europe and avoid RAM.

Taroudant, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,848 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Air Maroc is the worst...

Sorry to hear you were unlucky. Others who fly RAM tell of a variety of experiences, not all bad.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,615 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Air Maroc is the worst...

Sorry me too that you have got bad experience of RAM, I have only good experience, flew many times.

3. Re: Royal Air Maroc is the worst...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:29 pm, October 28, 2013
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,001 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Air Maroc is the worst...

there does seem to be a big difference in feedback about RAM between long haul (a lot of negative reviews, especially on flights to/from North America) and short haul.

I have only ever experienced short haul around Europe and although some of the planes are a bit old, Ive had no problems in the main.

I can understand that you would not be happy if entertainment units were not working and they ran out of soap and toilet paper though!

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Air Maroc is the worst...

I too have noticed that the negative comments are on the North American routes - so RAM could do with having a look at the issues.

I have taken a number of 3-7 hour flights with RAM and have had mixed experiences - and I've seen the improvements recently.

Food is always an individual issue. For me my last 7 hour flight with RAM provided better food than Emirates - who can provide menus and metal cutlery but not food...but that's my experience...

Little Falls, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Air Maroc is the worst...

Excellent experience on RAM from JFK to Casa May 9 and 25. Left on time, good staff on board, food was good and FREE, no charge or checked bags. Will definitely fly RAM next time.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Air Maroc is the worst...

This discussion could rumble on and on (and has done for several years). My experiences have unfortunately been negative especially with the attitude of the cabin crew, who, while openly pleasant, insult passengers behind their backs (in Arabic, assuming that they will not be understood). My main concern however on reading well over a hundred posts on this topic is the lack of consistency of travellers' experiences with this company. This is the issue that should be addressed by RAM in my opinion.

munich
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Air Maroc is the worst...

I agree "Royal Air Maroc" is the worst,,,

Insulting passengers behind their back isnt the only thing.

They PHONED me after I wrote an email complaint and insulted me.

Thats the worst experience I ever had with an Airline working in a travel agency for more than 20 years.

Dont they know that rude and arrogant behavior isnt very helpful for a good reputation?

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Air Maroc is the worst...

As someone said this discussion has been going on for years. The solution is really quite simple. Just stop flying on RAM. There are other choices. It's clear that RAM isn't doing anything about it so just stop flying them. That solves the problem for everyone.

10. Re: Royal Air Maroc is the worst...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 03, 2015