We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tangier to Marrakech - things to do

Camborne, England...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tangier to Marrakech - things to do

Hi

My friend and I are seeing to Morocco at the beginning of July. We start in Tangier and will end up in Marrakech. We have 14 days in total abs really want a good experience of the culture and sites. I'd really appreciate some advice on things to do please :)

Thanks!

1. Re: Tangier to Marrakech - things to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 1:50 pm, October 29, 2013
Camborne, England...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tangier to Marrakech - things to do

Having some seaside would be wonderful! I wasn't sure what would be feasible as two weeks isn't a great deal of time. Would it be better to book these journeys in advance?

3. Re: Tangier to Marrakech - things to do

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 1:50 pm, October 29, 2013
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tangier to Marrakech - things to do

Normally on TA we are advising travellers that they are taking on too much. However in your case Chloe W you spend on one day in Tangier (really not too much to do and see there in my opinion) and head to Fes for a couple of nights. Travel by train. Then reaching Marrakech (again by train, around 7 hours and 10 minutes) you can take your time deciding on a day (or two) on the Atlantic coast as John W suggests. Essaouira is the nearest coastal town (about three hours by coach, Supratours, from Marrakech.) Timetables for trains and Supratours can be found at

www.oncf.ma

See RAMADAN under Top Questions (top right of your screen) for what to expect during the Holy Month. Tourist cafes remain open in general in Marrakech but the ones aimed primarily at locals will be closed.

5. Re: Tangier to Marrakech - things to do

Removed on: 1:51 pm, October 29, 2013
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tangier to Marrakech - things to do

Absolutely. Fes and Marrakech can be very hot (although not humid) in July and I think that an escape to the coast would make for a welcome change. You even have the time to consider a day trip to the High Atlas mountains. Have a look at Ouirgane or Imlil for example.

Camborne, England...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tangier to Marrakech - things to do

Thanks everyone for all the input! :) I definitely have a more solid plan to go in, it's amazing what you can learn from just asking for a bit of advice.

I think we will go from tangier to fez to the coast and then to Marrakech and the atlas mountains..something like that!

Fez looks like a definite although I am wary of other peoples experiences, it seems that as we are two girls we may get a lot of hassle!

Edited: 4:52 pm, May 02, 2013
8. Re: Tangier to Marrakech - things to do

Removed on: 1:51 pm, October 29, 2013
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,121 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tangier to Marrakech - things to do

If you go from Tangier to Fes then you could consider a stop off in Chefchaouen - it is a relaxed town in the Rif Mountains enroute from Tangier to Fes

10. Re: Tangier to Marrakech - things to do

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 04, 2014