We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tips for tour guides

Which Morocco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
tips for tour guides

Does one tip a tour guide as well as paying for the cost of the trip? If so, what guidelines might you give me. Thanks

Ashburn, Virginia
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: tips for tour guides

Allow a 10% to 15% if you are happy with the services provided.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,730 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tips for tour guides

Some people tip a small amount, others don't. Not sure what the point is in haggling about a price, then giving more on top?

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tips for tour guides

Sorry I wasn't exact. This is a 15 day tour guide, and my travel companion and I are not in agreement,, I tend towards your view Tim, but could be wrong. I'd appreciate Tim if you have any additional comments

tk

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tips for tour guides

Tipping is subject that often appears on the TA forums and travellers from North America sometimes have a problem with the concept. I do not mean this in a bad way as Tim is of course correct in stating that if a price for the tour has already been negotiated then there is no need for an additional tip. However if you are particularly pleased with the service provided then a 10% gratuity would be very appreciated as Dina N suggests. A small gift (Canadian sweatshirt or cap for example) is always welcomed.

5. Re: tips for tour guides

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 17, 2014