We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spain to Morocco in December

Boscaz
11 posts
Save Topic
Spain to Morocco in December

Will be going to Seville,Spain in December. My boyfriend and I were planning on going over to Morocco for a couple days. Was wondering where the best place to go for two days would be and the best way to travel there from Seville. We were thinking of renting a car either in Spain or Morocco. Any ideas on a two day itinerary, transportation, and accomidations would very much be appreciated. And do you need to be vaccinated for anything. Thank you for your help in advance and we appreciate any and all advice.

Mentioned in this post
Seville
Seville
Province of Seville, Spain
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Spain
Spain
Europe
Vientiane, Laos
Level Contributor
708 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spain to Morocco in December

In all honesty, A two-day trip from Spain will be a bit hectic. You couldnt really get much beyond Tangier (which is not a great "ambassador" for Morocco) without spending your entire time travelling. Also, almost all rental car companies in Spain will not let you take the car into Morocco, so you'd have to rent one once you arrived in Morocco.

You do not need any vaccinations.

If you do decide to make the trip, take a bus from Seville to Tarifa and then take the fast ferry (35 mins) to Tangier.

The port at Tarifa is much easier to deal with than the one at Algeciras, and the crossing is faster from Tarifa.

Rather than staying in Tangier, I'd recommend trying to get to Asilah (you can get there by train from tangier - not very far at all), which is a charming village on the sea. Or if you've got the energy, drive down to Chefchaouen in the Rif mountains.

Best of luck!

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Tangier
Tangier
Tangier-Tetouan Region, Morocco
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Seville
Seville
Tarifa
Tarifa
Costa de la Luz, Spain
Chefchaouen
Chefchaouen
Tangier-Tetouan Region, Morocco
Puerto Real, Spain
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Spain to Morocco in December

Hello

I have stayed in Morocco two times. The first one was by train from Tanger to Fez (an incredible city, I recommend you).

The second time I was in Chefchauen. I went by car.

In Fez you can sleep in Hotel Royal, close to the train station. Its clean and cheap. If you want something expensive you can find close to this hotel, other hotels. You dont need to reserve (I never do it), but you can do it.

I want to go to Morocco in December again, from 26 to 29.

If you want, tell me your mail and I will send you a map of the hotel.

I hope you enjoy it!

Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Vientiane, Laos
Level Contributor
708 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spain to Morocco in December

Oh, by the way, depending on when you're coming down, my fiancé will be driving from Jerez (close to Seville) to Fes on the 2nd and then again on like the 21st. He's posted an offer to drive people down from Spain on Lonley Planet. You cover your own ferry tickets and kick in some money to cover petrol and the like... if you're interested, let me know and I can give you his contact details.

Mentioned in this post
Jerez
Jerez
213 Reviews
Ronda, Spain
Seville
Seville
Fes
Fes
Fes-Boulemane Region, Morocco
Spain
Spain
Europe
Boscaz
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Spain to Morocco in December

Hey Fassia,

Thanks for the advice and offer. We will be returning to the states on the 21st. But, thanks anyways. It turns out we will be staying there for approximately four days. So, perhaps we will get to the suggested city's and than some. Do you think we could make to Marrakech?

Thanks again for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Marrakech
Marrakech
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco