We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Merzouga to Fez

Paris
Level Contributor
89 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Merzouga to Fez

Hello! I would like some advice on where to stay for a night between Merzouga and Fez? We will be traveling by car and would like to stay somewhere overnight in between as I heard it's a long way, about 7 hours (without stopping for sight-seeing).

I'm thinking of these 3 towns--Azrou, Midelt, or Ifrane, or somewhere else that anyone can recommend. Which town is best in terms of sights, people, and an authentic Moroccan experience for avid photographers like us.

Thanks!

Marrakech
Level Contributor
274 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Merzouga to Fez

Hi,

Midelt or Erriche would be the best spots for overnight. if you get to Azrou or Ifrane, then there is not much left to Fes

Paris
Level Contributor
89 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Merzouga to Fez

Moroccomaniac, thanks for the suggestion! But where is Erriche exactly? I couldn't seem to find any infos on the web.

Also, how far is Midelt from Merzouga by car in terms of hours (straight driving), Midelt to Azrou, and Azrou to Fez?

Erg Chebbi, Morocco
Level Contributor
398 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Merzouga to Fez

Errich is kind of an old town, you can get there in 3h from Errachidia, 5/6h from Merzouga, I wouldn't recommend overnight in Errich unless you got stuck around this area (Hotel Karam) is one of the 2 hotels which are located in downtown,

you could reach midelt at noon if you start driving from Merzouga in the early morning.

My opinion would be to spend the night at Errich, there you can get authenthic sights and real berber-morrocan culture.

melbourne
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Merzouga to Fez

the best place to stay in its ifrane and there u will find good hotels and you can take good pictures so if you aretravelling from merzouga to fez its best for you ifrane and its a good city to stay in better than erriche or medilte.

any more questions welcom!e

melbourne
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Merzouga to Fez

and if you need any help or assistance in your way from fez to desert or from desert to fez or about a overnight in desert youcan contact cameltours at www.cameltours.tk any informations you need you can find them there and about your overnight in desert its a very helping website and people.

good luck

6. Re: Merzouga to Fez

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, December 21, 2009