We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morocco in August with three young kids...

Queensland...
Level Contributor
73 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Morocco in August with three young kids...

We've just booked to go to Marrakesh and Agadir in the heat of August with our three children. I'm now having panic attacks that it will be too hot for my children aged up to seven. I'm particularly worried about my two year old.

Anyone got any encouragement, or tips against the pitfalls? Many thanks in anticipation.

Robin and Willow

Erg Chebbi, Morocco
Level Contributor
398 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Morocco in August with three young kids...

it's starting... ; so August will be super hot for the locals 'don't doupt about it'; my only advise will be (to spend your holiday at the beach; and take 2/3days trek in the Atlas, Essaouira for example.

"Skipe the desert and south!!!"

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
337 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Morocco in August with three young kids...

Hello!Agadir is wonderful in August and Marrakesh,too.Just be careful that the kids have their caps on their heads.Marrakesh is hot b/w 11 and 14 and it starts to be cool from that time.Enjoy your time.

caen
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Morocco in August with three young kids...

hello,

marrakech is very hot in august, and a lot of pollution, but you can drive to the Atlas mountains and go to the swimming pool and fresh air - see www.achorafa.com, 50 mn drive , no pollution, and many acitvities for children (ride with donkeys...tennis table...)

valy, from france

Manchester
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Morocco in August with three young kids...

Marrakech will be extremely hot even for Moroccans, ensure that you take factor 50+ suncream and if at all possible avoid mid day sun, also it is at least to me imperative that your accommodation has air conditioning, believe me when I say that for U.K residents it is hot. hot, hot,

I hope your holiday is stress free.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
73 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Morocco in August with three young kids...

Thank you all for your answers. In truth we are Aussies so I should be a little less sookie about the heat, but our little girl has only ever lived in England, and is so fair! So Tangergirl, we WILL take the factor fifty!

Anyway, I'm sure we'll cope. I gather you'd all advise taking a cab rather than bus from Marrakesh to Agadir? Does anyone have any recommendations for reputable cab companies?

Thanks again for your replies so far

Robin and Willow

Erg Chebbi, Morocco
Level Contributor
398 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Morocco in August with three young kids...

public buses in summer?? it's really a messs; CTM and supratours are ok; i don't mind to use it.

have no idea about cab companies!!!

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
985 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Morocco in August with three young kids...

CTM and Supratours buses are usually air-conditioned although once last Summer I did strike one in which the a/c wasn't working.

8. Re: Morocco in August with three young kids...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:26 am, October 22, 2009