We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comments on 9 night itinerary in April

New Jersey
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Comments on 9 night itinerary in April

We will be traveling with our two teenage girls and flying in and out of Casablanca. Plans are:

3 nights Marrakech

3 nights (4 days) desert tour

3 nights Fes

Does itinerary make sense? Would it be better to start in Fes rather than Marrakech? Also, we will need to get to Casablanca from Fes for early afternoon flight home on our last day. Is that doable?

Thanks so much for your help!!!

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,582 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comments on 9 night itinerary in April

It is doable, but I would go to Casa one day before flight home

Casablanca, Morocco
Level Contributor
6,384 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comments on 9 night itinerary in April

You cannot risk taking transport of whatever kind on the morning of your departure on an afternoon flight. I doubt your travel insurance would cover the cost of new tickets if there were a breakdown or a train delay.

I'm afraid that you are going to have to spend your last night in Casablanca if you are going to Fes last of all. If you do this trip the other way round and have Marrakech last of all, then the same thing. Alternatively, from Marrakech, you could go up to El Jadida instead of Casablanca which is a charming small town and have your last day and night there as the airport is a 2 hour train journey or an hour's taxi ride away, as against 30 to 40 minutes taxi from Casablanca.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comments on 9 night itinerary in April

I agree with the above comments, so please if you're landing in Marrakech that works better and try to have only 2 nights in Fes and make your last overnight eiter in Rabat or Casablanca to be closer to the air-port, as you can start it the reverse way going through Fes first via the desert to Marrakech, as it takes 3 hours drive from Marrakech to Casablanca air-port depends on your flight's departure, while it takes about 5 ours drive from Fes to Casablanca.

please check more helpful informative links under top asked questions on the right side of Morocco forum, and see more info through the Search Box.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comments on 9 night itinerary in April

Thanks. Yes, I think we will have to think our last night.

5. Re: Comments on 9 night itinerary in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 01, 2018