We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday in algiers

Ullapool, United...
1 post
Save Topic
holiday in algiers

hi am going to algiers for a 2 week holiday. going to meet up with a algerian guy av been talking to for a while now. a was so looking forward to it till my family and friends have been saying all sorts of bad stuff like its not safe there at the momment.. ect is there any1 tht can fill me in on anything i should know as its only old posts here. thnx ann :-)

London, United...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: holiday in algiers

We went in mid-february. arrived the day before a well publicised demo. saw all the water-cannon trucks and riot police in the main square.... went down, took pictures, a bit of pushing and shoving - nothing special - all good natured really.

next day we did a day trip on our own to the middle of the Kabylie (where FCO says no-go) and it was great! we travelled by train, bus and taxi (nothing booked - just caught things as they turned up). Never felt in danger at all.

i am sure if you tried hard enough you could get kidnapped and if you went around by yourself at night looking vulnerable you'ld get mugged - but, hey, same stuff can happen in London.

It's a beautiful country, Algiers is a beautiful city - a bit worn in places and rubbed at the edges but, hey, get it while you can while it's not crowded.

Only thing to remember is that Algiers is not a cheap place compared to ther North African cities.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Algiers
Algiers
Algiers Province, Algeria
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: holiday in algiers

Hi have you went to Algeria by now coz same case with me, I am being invited there to meet this guy i have been talking for a year now. Im in singapore. How about you? I need to process my visa also and i find it a bit complicated.

Mentioned in this post
Algeria
Algeria
Africa
London, United...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: holiday in algiers

London visa process took a bit of time so patience is needed. Make sure you do all the documents correctly. We were helped by making contact with My Unique Holidays - myuniqueholidays.com -

best of luck

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Suzhou, China
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: holiday in algiers

[url=http://www.ukuggsbootsclearance.com]ugg boots clearance[/url] store supply [url=http://www.ukuggsbootsclearance.com]cheap ugg boots on sale[/url].if you need a ugg boots. the [url=http://www.ukuggsbootsclearance.com]uk ugg boots[/url] store is the best choose.

Edited: 10:10 pm, October 13, 2011
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: holiday in algiers

Thanks tripjimmy for your reply. I will check the site you mentioned and check what help i could seek from them. So are you in Algeria now? How was your meeting with him? Is he nice? Have you both ended up getting wed.? Forgive me if i have so many questions, I'm actually curious and thrilled about your love story. Extend my regards to him and I am happy for the both you. All the best!

Mentioned in this post
Algeria
Algeria
Africa
London, United...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: holiday in algiers

best of luck to you too, belle-bes. are you related to the saint Side Bel-Abbes? you seem to me a very saintly person.

Algiers, Algeria
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: holiday in algiers

Ok Hope the best for her, I travelled, through Algeria using cars buses trains hitch hiking and is an amazing place, Also i can be a guide for any one who needs help. Rgds

Mentioned in this post
Algeria
Algeria
Africa
Algiers
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: holiday in algiers

Algeria Is a beautiful country with lots of things to see and do - I never felt unsafe and ive visited 5 times already in the past year - I loved it and even considered moving there permantly :)

Mentioned in this post
Algeria
Algeria
Africa
9. Re: holiday in algiers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 30, 2012