We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa card.

Dublin, Ireland
1 post
Save Topic
visa card.

Hi I am from dublin and I am going to be travelling to Algeria to visit a friend but I need to know do I need a visa card aswell as a passport to go to algeria or is a passport on its own ok?

Mentioned in this post
Algeria
Algeria
Africa
London, United...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: visa card.

you need a visa in your passport. you need it before you go. it can take a while to get. and is not as cheap as other places (like Egypt) - but I guess Algeria needs the money.

hope you get to go - Algeria is a great country too often overlooked.

Mentioned in this post
Algeria
Algeria
Africa
Bath, United Kingdom
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: visa card.

Hi....In reply to "Tripjimmy" with reference to:...I guess Algeria needs the money..!!??. Needs the money for what.??. Algeria is prosperous country that does not rely on tourism for its economy. So, my guess is that price of visas is more political than economical.!!??. Please research yours facts before you make any inaccurate comments dear "mr tripjimmy". Go and study ...Please.!!. Regards.

Mentioned in this post
Algeria
Algeria
Africa
London, United...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: visa card.

Blimey!! didn't think my remark could be interpreted as anything other than a trivial grumble about the cost of everything in the world and how we all need the money!! It certainly wasn't an in-depth analysis of the Algerian political and economic infrastructure. Algeria may be rich by comparison to Egypt but not so rich it can ignore Tourism, so quite why it chooses to pitch the Visa so high is probably a complex balance between security issues and market forces.

If Algeria were that rich why has the metro system been left half finished and a public eyesore opposite the Grande Poste in the very heart of its capital? Ah - I shouldn't have said that - don't let that put anyone off going to this great, beautiful and, most importantly, intriguing country that is far too often overlooked.

Mentioned in this post
Algeria
Algeria
Africa
4. Re: visa card.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, October 30, 2012