We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi fares

Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
8,976 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi fares

This is my first visit to Algeria. So I have an idea, can anyone tell me how much i should pay from the airport to the Hilton, and from the Hilton to the city centre? Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Algeria
Algeria
Africa
Algiers
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi fares

Taxi fares from Algiers airport to city centre is 1000DA for normal car and 1400DA for bigger cars. I have never taken to Hilton but should be around there. Because Hilton is in isolated location, fares may be higher from airport and also to city cantre. If you can change your hotel location, I suggest El-Djazzir which is more central. When taking taxi, make sure you go out to the taxi terminal. Be careful of rouges who approach you inside the airport offering taxi service and change of money. These are illegal.

Mentioned in this post
Algiers
Algiers
Algiers Province, Algeria
Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
8,976 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi fares

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately the El-Djazaïr was horrendously expensive - 262 Euros per night, so that is why I am staying at the Hilton, although I know the location is not ideal.

Algiers
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi fares

Hotel Albert 1 (3 star) is also right downtown. I think the rates are euro75/night.

Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
8,976 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi fares

It was full for my dates.

Jeddah
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi fares

I'm an Indian but Saudi resident, I've visited to Algeria recently very first time to meet my fiance, landed at the Capital (Algiers), as I was landing very first time in Algeria, my Fiance arranged someone to pick me up from the airport being un-familiar to the culture & language, as I know English/Arabic well but can't speak French, but when we took taxi to our hotel in Bab Elzuar it took 1000DA, but when coming back from my Fiance's city to the capital after staying 15 days and being familiar with the culture a bit, I landed again in Algiers and took taxi by myself to the same hotel, this time I bargained for 500DA surprisingly he agreed. It seems that, you can bargain a bit, otherwise you've to pay as they say.

It's wonderful country, the people are amazingly pleasant host, It's my dream country. You'll definitely enjoy.

Maaz Nawel Farooqui (K.S.A)

Mentioned in this post
Algeria
Algeria
Africa
Algiers
Algiers
Algiers Province, Algeria
6. Re: Taxi fares

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 pm, September 08, 2010
Amsterdam, The...
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi fares

I think the reasonable rate are round about I paid EUR100 in my opinion.

8. Re: Taxi fares

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:45 am, January 20, 2012