We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stand up paddling North Shore

Perth
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Stand up paddling North Shore

Hi there,

I'll be staying for 3 days on the North Shore early June. I've been paddling a couple of months at the beach where I live in Western Australia. It's flat. I'd like to try a few small waves, (avoiding any surfers if possible.) Any advice regarding a lesson, board rental or good beginner spots would be appreciated. I have looked at a few sites, but I'm not a complete beginner and am very confident on the water. I have tried a few waves in Bali. Some good instruction wouldn't go a miss. Thanks for any help.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
53,052 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Stand up paddling North Shore

Generally speaking the surf is flat on the north shore in the summer. Try a place in Haleiwa to get boards maybe even Pupukea. They will tell you what you need to know.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
22,776 posts
263 reviews
2. Re: Stand up paddling North Shore

Turtle Bay Resort offers lessons, and it's a beautiful place as well.

turtlebayresort.com/Things-To-Do/Sports-Recr…

Just look at the glass-flat water in the pictures!

3. Re: Stand up paddling North Shore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 07, 2016