We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xtreme Parasail

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Xtreme Parasail

There is a buy one get one free coupon for this company in the Entertainment Book. When I called to make a reservation they said it could only be used during the hours of 12-4.

Is this an ok time of day to go parasailing? From what I have read, it says the wind really picks up in the afternoons. I am wondering if it is worth it to save the money or if I should just book earlier in the morning like I had originally planned. This is for my kids and I always worry about safety issues...thoughts?

Chicago
Level Contributor
3,137 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xtreme Parasail

I'm not sure of how windy it gets after noon, but I just used their groupon to book a noon sailing for next Saturday. I can't see them going out in very bad conditions, and this company seems to have plenty of good reviews. I'll let you know how it goes!

Dallas
Level Contributor
26,660 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xtreme Parasail

I saw the half price groupon and almost booked it myself until I noticed that they only went up to 500 feet and only for 5 minutes for that price. I would bet its the same deal on the entertainment book.

Sure seems like a short ride to me ever for $75.

Chicago
Level Contributor
3,137 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xtreme Parasail

placebets: $75 is the normal price for ONE person, this is two persons for $75. I've also been in contact with the office and you can upgrade your "flight" at the pier.

From their email:

Yes, you can upgrade to a longer line.

>> $20 to the 700ft

>> $40 to the 850ft

>> $50 to the 1000ft

price is per couple.

Dallas
Level Contributor
26,660 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xtreme Parasail

Sam yes sorry I understand it is $75 for 2 people. I still thought that a 5 minute ride was not worth it to me. But thanks for the additional information.

So, if I'm reading your post correctly, a 1000ft ride is $125 total for 2 people? So is that a 10 minute ride ?

Chicago
Level Contributor
3,137 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Xtreme Parasail

I think it's listed as 10-11 minutes for the 1000 foot ride. There's also a per person $3 surcharge and tax that is not included in the groupon. I paid $13 (tax and surcharge) when I reserved our spot online just now. So $75 + $50 + $13 = $138 all in for the 1000ft 11 minute ride.

And yes, $75 is steep for such a short trip. Hopefully worth it though!

Edited: 1:16 pm, March 24, 2015
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
52,186 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Xtreme Parasail

If you are coming during the summer months, that is when the trade winds blow their strongest. There is a reason why they offer discounts during those times, because it's windy!! The trades do pick up in the late morning and usually last through the afternoon. My sense is you would have a much better time not having to hassle being blow about in the wind.

Chicago
Level Contributor
3,137 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Xtreme Parasail

Fishy, can you tell me the exact nautical speed of the winds between Ala Moana Harbor and Diamond Head next Saturday at noon? :P

Dallas
Level Contributor
26,660 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Xtreme Parasail

Sam - thanks for the additional information. I think I can get higher than that for longer than that on mai-tai's. But, I hope you have a good time and a great adventure. Make sure your life insurance is all paid up and that your medical coverage will cover that too ! LOL

And, fishy will just tell you to "google it " LOL

Chicago
Level Contributor
3,137 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Xtreme Parasail

Life insurance is good, and the Mai-Tai's will be flowing starting about 3pm next Wednesday!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
52,186 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Xtreme Parasail

No can do Sam, glad the life insurance is paid up!! We don't get very strong trade winds in the spring time. In fact, what wind we have had the last couple of day's is going to die and it's going to be hot and still for at least a couple of days. Honolulu and a record high of 85 degrees a couple of day's ago!!

oh yeah, placebets, here you go! www.lmgtfy.com