We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outrigger Reef - Wakiki

Toronto
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Topic
Outrigger Reef - Wakiki

Has anybody ever stayed at their "moderate" rooms?

On their site, it says "NO VIEW", which is not the same as City View because they do have rooms that say "City View".

So I'm wondering if "NO VIEW" means "no window"?

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outrigger Reef - Wakiki

by law they have to have a window but my guess is that they look into the building that is back to back to it. My rec on waikiki hotel rooms is Never go for the cheapest category, many of the hotels have a hand full of rooms that are pretty bad, the sheraton , the waikiki beach and princess are some of the hotels that overall have very good rooms but also have a few bad ones that you do not want. It is always best to upgrade at least one level.

Utah
Level Contributor
39 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outrigger Reef - Wakiki

I stayed there a few years ago (in a "moderate" room) - they're not great. I'm sure all of the rooms have a window, but your view will probably be of a wall or parking lot? Last I heard, none of the rooms had a bathtub (only a shower) and haven't been renovated in a long time? I've also heard that they're doing construction? If I were you, I'd call the hotel - they can give you better information. Good luck and enjoy Hawaii (window or not).

Portland
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outrigger Reef - Wakiki

At Outrigger Reef "no view" means that when you are sitting on your lanai (if there is one) you will be looking directly at the concrete wall of the Waikiki Shore next door.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
634 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outrigger Reef - Wakiki

I just got back from the Outrigger Reef Hotel and I had a City View room. We were a little higher up and over looked the city and the construction. The less expensive rooms are on the lower floors without a view. The location of the hotel is great. You can walk almost anywhere in Waikiki. The rooms are clean and the hotel lobby was great. The price was right and I enjoyed my stay.

5. Re: Outrigger Reef - Wakiki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, August 17, 2009