We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oahu First Time Since The Millennium, Celebrating Our Gold

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
471 reviews
Save Topic
Oahu First Time Since The Millennium, Celebrating Our Gold

We are returning to Oahu after not being there since the millennium. We have spent the years between traveling throughout SE Asia, Argentina, & the west coast of the USA.. We are celebrating our golden wedding anniversary. Oahu & iMaui s where we had our belated first honeymoon, several years after we were married..We have been to Hawaii many times since the first time. We have gone with our kids, with other couples. & on our own. We celebrated our silver anniversary in Oahu with another couple who were celebrating their's, too. I look forward to experiencing so many wonderful memories of Hawaii past. This trip will be pure nostalgia. :)

1. Re: Oahu First Time Since The Millennium, Celebrating Our Gold

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:17 pm, February 05, 2014
new jersey
Level Contributor
1,611 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oahu First Time Since The Millennium, Celebrating Our Gold

CONGRATS!!!!

That is a marvelous milestone! I wish you another 50 years of happiness and I hope that this trip is even more wonderful than the first one :)

No question needed... sometimes we just feel like sharing something special with the TA family and I for one think it's awesome!!

All the best always!

Edited: 3:49 pm, February 04, 2014
Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
227 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oahu First Time Since The Millennium, Celebrating Our Gold

Congrats!!

What better way to spend your anniversary than to revisit a place to hold so many happy memories for you. Have a wonderful trip! :)

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
471 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oahu First Time Since The Millennium, Celebrating Our Gold

BlackBelt4dan: What is the difference between my post & someone who posts 14 more days to go!? Or It's Raining! Etc.

If, I need a question to post on TA possibly, I should ask what is new on the island since 2000?

HawaiiGirl08 & Guinnie: Thank you for your best wishes!

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,683 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oahu First Time Since The Millennium, Celebrating Our Gold

There is no difference......where better to post your happiness and joy about revisiting a place so many of us love! Congrats to you and wishing you the best trip ever! Deb

6. Re: Oahu First Time Since The Millennium, Celebrating Our Gold

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:17 pm, February 05, 2014
Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,626 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Oahu First Time Since The Millennium, Celebrating Our Gold

Congratulations!

There have not been too many changes since 2000.

TripAdvisor has a lot of info.

You might want to look at the Top Questions on the right side of the page. Driving tours, websites, maps, Photo-ops, etc.

You might find some things on the driving tours that you didn't know about before.

Pu'u 'Ualaka'a State Wayside on Roundtop Drive

Laie Point

Spinner dolphins that you can watch from shore at Kahe Pt.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
471 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oahu First Time Since The Millennium, Celebrating Our Gold

Guinnie: Thank you for all your ideas. Many of them are new to me.

BlackBelt4dan: I haven't noticed you giving these instructions to the many TA posters that show their passion & exuberance about up-coming trips with post like I mentioned earlier. Why am I so privileged to receive your instruction on how to use TA, correctly? Thank you for your thoughtfulness.:)

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
17,030 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oahu First Time Since The Millennium, Celebrating Our Gold

Condu - Wow! Congrats on the golden anniversary! If I ever get there, I'd love to return to Hawaii to celebrate. We just celebrated #24 in January, so I guess I get to plan a silver anniversary to someplace special. Hmmm, wonder where that'll be!

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,626 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Oahu First Time Since The Millennium, Celebrating Our Gold

You can also use the search above: trip report

Read 15-20 trip reports. They will give you a really good idea of what others do & see & restaurants.they go to.

Since 2000, many hotels have changed names or are under different management.

There is an entire area in Waikiki that has new hotels, restaurants, etc., Waikiki Beachwalk.

http://waikikibeachwalk.com/

Restaurants have come & gone.

International Market Place has closed & scheduled for demolition.

Kuhio Beach went through a beatification project about 10-15 years ago. Not sure if it was done before or after 2000. I'm thinking after.