We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A couple of questions.

NEW YORK
8 posts
Save Topic
A couple of questions.

We are going to Oahu in July and I have a couple of questions.

1. Has anyone been to Top Of Waikkiki? We are thinking of making reservations but not sure if we should or what day is best to go?

2. Sea Life Park. Can anyone tell me about their swimming with the dolphins? Is it worth it? I have always wanted to do this and want to book it ahead of time but some people seem to think it's not worht it. Any input would be great.

Any other ideas/suggestions would be appreciated. We will be in Oahu July 4th- July 11th.

Thnaks

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A couple of questions.

If you do a search on here you should find several reviews of both Sea Life Park and Dolphin Encounters at the Kahala Hotel. Most of what I've seen favors the Kahala experience we went to the hotel and watched for awhile but can't say how they compare.

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A couple of questions.

We went to the Top of Waikiki last summer hoping to revisit a lovely place we had been to years ago on a previous trip. When we got there we were extremely disappointed with how it had changed over the years and subsequently didnt even stay for a meal. The view was not as impressive because of the buildings all around and the service from the moment we walked through the door was unfriendly and cold. Not sure if other people have had similar experiences but that was ours if that helps any.

Glidden, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A couple of questions.

6TOHAWAII,

Last year my son and I went to Top of Waikiki and we enjoyed it very much. Of course the best time to go is around sunset. Then you get to see the sunset and the city lights too! The food is a little pricey, but very tasty. Don't forget your camera...lots of people are kind enough to take pictures of you and your group.

Sea Life Park is basically a bust. I know I heard that too, but insisted on going anyway. I had to learn for myself. It is very, very small and quite expensive. I have heard good things about Wild Side tours:

http://www.sailhawaii.com/swim.html

I will check them out next year when I am in Hawaii again.

Hope you have a wonderful trip (I'm sure you will!)

4. Re: A couple of questions.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, August 16, 2009