We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photography at Pearl Harbor

Janesville...
Level Contributor
710 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Photography at Pearl Harbor

I understand that there are no purses/bags allowed on the tour, so for the photographers out there would you bring a (18-55mm) or (55-250mm) lens with you?

Thanks!

Dallas
Level Contributor
23,087 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Photography at Pearl Harbor

I would bring the 55-250mm lens.

Janesville...
Level Contributor
710 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Photography at Pearl Harbor

Thanks

Dallas
Level Contributor
23,087 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Photography at Pearl Harbor

You know you could carry both as long as you don't carry a bag. Won't your short lens fit in your pants pocket or jacket pocket? I think you will have more use for the long lens, if you think you need the other one, then just carry it in your hand to get in or something then stash it somewhere.

Soddy Daisy...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Photography at Pearl Harbor

You need the 18-55 on the Memorial. You will have limited room to shoot. Should be able to carry one though with one mounted on the camera.

Edited: 6:32 pm, April 20, 2013
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,587 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Photography at Pearl Harbor

Not that you want to or even have the funds...but this is exactly why I bought the Tamron 18-270. It's all I travel with now. No need to carry extra or worry about changing the lens safely.

Janesville...
Level Contributor
710 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Photography at Pearl Harbor

Travelbugged4- You're right I didn't want to hear that :) I just upgraded my scuba diving camera so my DSLR lens purchases will have to wait...

I guess my thought was that maybe they wouldn't allow me to take another lens in and didn't want to have to go stash it with my purse and risk missing our time slot.

7. Re: Photography at Pearl Harbor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 22, 2014