We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with transportion(ASAP)

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
774 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Help with transportion(ASAP)

I want to book our interislands today. We are visiting Kauai in December and would like to spend a day in Honolulu before heading over. Our flight lands at 12:10 AM on Dec 16th. How can we get from the airport to our hotel(haven't booked one,yet) the least expensive way at midnight? What about getting back to the airport on the 16th, probably around 4PM.

Also, what is the best way to get around downtown during the day (public transportation) What time should we head back to the airport if our flight is around 4PM?

I know it's rushed, but dh really wants to stay the day.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rebecca

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with transportion(ASAP)

probably a shuttle.. around 9$ pp each way..they run quite late, I believe, the down side is they make mutiple stops and wait until the shuttle is full..Failing that..I'd cab it.. more money but faster. at that time of night I would tell the driver to go Nimitz..it's a faster route. And the BUS is terrific for gettting around.....

you should head to the airport no later than 1 1/2 hours before your flight...if you are going Island Air...one hour for the other ones

Have a great time..wait a minute..you still have LOTS of sleeps left...

NW Ohio
Level Contributor
344 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with transportion(ASAP)

Here is the info on the shuttle service at HNL :

hawaii.gov/dot/…hnl_ground_trans.htm

3. Re: Help with transportion(ASAP)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, August 14, 2009