We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oahu Trip Report (2/12-2/19

Boston...
Level Contributor
280 posts
24 reviews
18 helpful votes
Oahu Trip Report (2/12-2/19

This trip was based on relaxation and not so much touring. I will just report on the places we visited. We stayed at the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach and the location could not be better; you are in the epicenter of Waikiki between two landmark hotels. The beach is crowded, so if that is not your thing, you might not like this spot. As for the hotel, we enjoyed the location and the service was good. The only negative is that the maid showed up after 3:00 most days when we were just returning from the beach. It would have been nice to have it cleaned before we got back to the room. We enjoyed many dinners and drinks at Duke's. I would rate the food as solid and the best day to go here is on Sunday afternoons when they have Henry Kopono play. It is just a ton of fun. Duke's also has Amy and Jessie two of the best professional bartenders I have ever encountered. We also had many breakfasts and snacks/dinners at Hula Grill upstairs. Again, service was stellar here.

A great coffee/tea shop is next door in the Moana Surfrider. I went daily.

For Valentine's Day we went to House Without a Key for drinks and dinner at Orchids. This was a great pick. They had a band, a hula dancer and one of the best views/sunsets of Waikiki. The food and service were good at Orchids.

We had many breakfasts at Eggs n Things. I miss their old location. This place had a constant line, but I do like their food, it's just that it's a lot of work. You wait in one line, put in your order, and then wait in a second line to get seated.

Went one day to Kailua Beach Park. I have not been here in a while and I think I prefer the views from Kailua Beach or Lanikai. I could barely see the Mokulua Islands. It was windy, so I was disappointed I could not kayak, but this is my favorite beach in all of Hawaii.

Rented a car from Thrifty Car Rental. If you go here, go early. We waited in a line for a solid 40 minutes and ended up returning the car early due to al the traffic in Waikiki. You can return your car here early if you do not want to deal with the parking issues in Waikiki. They did not charge anything for it.

We had great massages at Coco de Ville. The owner is super nice and so was the massage therapist I had. I think his name was David. You could tell he loves what he does. I wish I could go back! The place was sparkling clean.

We had great car service from Johnnycab. John is super nice and gave us 3 rides when we were in Waikiki. He was always early and waiting for us. One time he could not pick us up he had his cousin who is a driver pick us up. It all worked out beautifully. I would highly recommend John.

Dallas
Level Contributor
29,245 posts
79 reviews
42 helpful votes
1. Re: Oahu Trip Report (2/12-2/19

Thanks for the report. We love the Outrigger too and never miss Henry K. on Sunday's. Glad you had a good time.

Aloha

Boston...
Level Contributor
280 posts
24 reviews
18 helpful votes
2. Re: Oahu Trip Report (2/12-2/19

I almost forgot to give Dusty a special shout out for all the help. Thank you, Dusty!!

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
30,249 posts
3. Re: Oahu Trip Report (2/12-2/19

Nice trip report. Thanks!

And thanks for the special shout!There are many on each of the Hawaii forums that give great advice.

4. Re: Oahu Trip Report (2/12-2/19

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 12, 2014