We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

waikiki beach being restored??

Bendigo
Level Contributor
900 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
waikiki beach being restored??

Just reading a hotel review for Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel (down near the jetty end) and the poster said the beach was closed for maintenance/restoration work.. When we were in Waikiki last year the entire Waikiki beach was being restored and in the parts where the work was completed - looked fantastic. Beautiful fresh sand and it was great. Anyone know what is happening please?

Dallas
Level Contributor
21,033 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: waikiki beach being restored??

They finished all that up and by the time we were there in October it was finished. Beach still looks great and is noticeably deeper.

Nothing else going on now that I'm aware of.

Aloha

Bendigo
Level Contributor
900 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: waikiki beach being restored??

thankyou placebets. Possibly it was a really late post for a hotel review. Hopefully. We are there again in about 4 weeks and looking forward to the restored beach.

Dallas
Level Contributor
21,033 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: waikiki beach being restored??

I don't think you would even notice it if you didn't know they had done it. The beach in front of the Outrigger and the Moana seems to be a little bit steeper down to the water, but other than that, I didn't notice it.

4. Re: waikiki beach being restored??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 24, 2014