We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single Day Trip - self drive. Suggested Routes?

Arizona
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Single Day Trip - self drive. Suggested Routes?

We are picking up a rental car at Honolulu International (arriving on a cruise ship)... driving to Diamond Head, then Maunalua Bay Beach Park area (sub eco-scooter tour).

From there... any suggestions on route? We would have to return car by 7-8pm.

Thanks in advance :)

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single Day Trip - self drive. Suggested Routes?

Why not drive around the island up to North Shore and Sunset Beach area? Along the way will be amazing scenery and cool little town that I"m sure you can find a spot to stop in for lunch.

We did they back in 2007 when I was there with a bunch of work people and we had a blast. Sorry I can't give more details and places to stop but hopefully someone else with more intimate knowledge of Oahu will respond :)

I can tell you that Oahu and rural Oahu is beautiful!!!

Lorio

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,356 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Single Day Trip - self drive. Suggested Routes?

There are so many wonderful things to do on Oahu and you want to ride a scooter under water? Sorry, not something I would spend time or money on, there is nothing "eco" about it but that is your choice. What time is the scooter thing and how long does it last? On the right hand side of this page are the Top Questions. Look at the first one.

3. Re: Single Day Trip - self drive. Suggested Routes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 20, 2014