We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PCC Itinerary - if you skip the luau, what then? the show...

minneapolis, mn
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
PCC Itinerary - if you skip the luau, what then? the show...

Since it's an all day thing, a person has to eat somewhere. I assume hoofing it to a nearby restaurant is not an option - or is it? Maybe that's why the luau doesn't have to be great. . . the villages are great, the show is great, and in between, what are you going to do? Are the villages open until the shows start? Are the other food venues a better deal?

Texas
Level Contributor
126 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: PCC Itinerary - if you skip the luau, what then? the show...

I seriously considered just going in the day , skipping the luau to go somewhere close by to eat, then going back to the show. When I went to book, those tickets are the rear, back, non-reserved seating for the show. If we left to go eat, then I thought we would really get poor seats when we returned. So, I went ahead and bought luau buffet tickets. I just don't have my hopes up for a fabulous meal. With the luau tickets, you get better seating the earlier you book, so I have great seats! Surely there will be something on the buffet that we like. I am just going to not think "I just paid $30 for THIS meal."

minneapolis, mn
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PCC Itinerary - if you skip the luau, what then? the show...

That's kind of what I was thinking; it's not a good deal by itself, and that it's better to look at it as the whole day for $100; which is almost the cost of some luaus. Then it doesnt' seem so bad. I'm not much of a drinker, so that's not much of an issue. In fact it may be more enjoyable than than being surrounded by folks whose main criteria for selecting a place is how much one is able to drink. To each his own, I guess that's why all these places manage to stay in business- there's something for everybody. It's just a matter of figuring out just which is the one! :)

Level Contributor
983 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PCC Itinerary - if you skip the luau, what then? the show...

Don't forget about the three for free option. You get back in for free on the two days following the first day. If you buy online, you get reserved bad seats. No, you don't get back into the show each day, only the village.

Buy the Hawaii entertainment book and you get a discount that pays for the book*. If you buy online, show your coupon at the gate to get your credit card reimbursed. You still get reserved seats.

I found all of this out by writing to the folks over there. Very nice replies, they answer all questions.

So, get the tickets. Go for half a day in the afternoon, see at at least the canoe thing. Leave, go to dinner and come back for the show. Then go back one or two days to get the rest of the village shows in. I understand that without the high priced tickets, you will never get close to any of the shows and have to stand in the back.

Will this post ever end? To get the entertainment book for $5 off and free shipping ($5), sign up for the trial and wait five days. The offer will show up. There might be a better way, but that's how it worked for me.

minneapolis, mn
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PCC Itinerary - if you skip the luau, what then? the show...

Hi BoeingDad! I thought about the E book, but most offers seem to be BOGO, and I'm going solo, so I don't know that I'd get much use out of it. There seems to be no shortage of discounts - although the PCC is not too generous with them. I think I'll consider this one of my splurges and economize on other days. You bring up a good point about the seating; will I be happy if I can't see anything, but knowing I saved $20? I don't think so.

By the way, I really enjoy your posts. I get a little something out of everyone's contributions, but you and Mrs. Fuzz are especially generous with your time to share your knowledge and experiences to help the rest of us. I appreciate it.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: PCC Itinerary - if you skip the luau, what then? the show...

Book your tix in advance online thru the PCC website and you can get reserved seats in the "bad" back section. Actually book early enough - a month or two in advance - and you can get front row in the back section. Which means you are only about 10 feet away from those paying the big bucks in the front section.

BTW - i have sat in the back - you can see fine