We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sending packages

Springfield, Oregon
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sending packages

Is there any PostOffices UPS storesclose to the Hale Koa ?

Seattle
Level Contributor
5,600 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sending packages

Yes, there's a Post Office on Saratoga. Easy stroll from the HK.

From the HK, if you walk past the Army Museum and take the first left, you'll be on Saratoga. The PO is about one long block from the left turn.

If you get lost, ask just about anybody who looks local.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sending packages

Yep - the closest being the PO on Saratoga as mentioned above. You may want to check with the Hale Koa itself ... as it may have PO services on site. It's worth asking.

BTW - I have had an unusually high-volume of experience with the POs in Hawaii. All of the PO staff I have been encountered have been wonderful, patient souls. Lots of aloha.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
24,122 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sending packages

If you're thinking to send Parcel Post, know that it can take 2-3 weeks at least to arrive. It's generally 6 weeks to the east coast.

USA
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sending packages

International Marketplace still had a small PO last time I was there.

Newcastle Au
Level Contributor
102 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sending packages

From memory, when we stayed at Embassy Suites, there was a UPS store located down stairs - next to Roy's Restaurant on Lewers St.

Just checked & it still shows on their website...

http://www2.theupsstorelocal.com/6008/

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,921 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sending packages

There are no PO facilities at Hale Koa, but as previously mentioned, short walk to Saratoga Road each year. I do it every year, to ship things home. Also a very small shipping location, maybe a PO in HHV, but hours are unpredictable!

Lagrangeville, NY
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sending packages

I have used PO's priority flat rate boxes to ship stuff home to NY from HI. One time I shipped on Saturday morning and arrived on Monday afternoon. That is not the norm, but it has never been more that 3 to 4 days.

Very easy and I don't remember it being that costing that much more than parcel post.

Springfield, Oregon
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sending packages

Mahalo to you all.Just dont want to pay the Airlines for overweight luggage..Very helpful..

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
24,122 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sending packages

USPS Priority Mail is pretty good, and not all that expensive.

10. Re: Sending packages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, December 14, 2013