We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where in the World is Scorchestra

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,729 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Where in the World is Scorchestra

Just sitting here anxiously awaiting how your vacation is going so far.

Looking forward to what you find out about the updates to Turtle Bay Rooms.

Wish i were there having a Mai Tai with you. T B has the best !!!

Have a Wonderful Vacation...Im soooo jealous

Mentioned in this post
Turtle Bay Resort
Turtle Bay Resort
4,705 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Mai Tai Bar
Mai Tai Bar
155 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Chesterfield, Mich.
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where in the World is Scorchestra

I just checked back a few pages and she left on Monday. So I'm sure we will be seeing a post soon! I am looking forward to her reports too. Between Bips and Scorchestra, we will have a lot of good reading for the month of September!

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,721 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where in the World is Scorchestra

I too just popped in to see if she had started her "live" posting yet!

No pressure Scorchestra but.... WE ARE WAITING!!!! lol

Hope you are having a FABULOUS turtle bay time!!!

SYDNEY AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
460 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where in the World is Scorchestra

Refer to Scorchestra's original post, she has advised that she is having laptop troubles and we will all have to wait, until she is back.

She is taking notes, so dont worry.

Dallas
Level Contributor
25,421 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where in the World is Scorchestra

I have laptop troubles when I'm there too.

The sun and bright light on the beach makes it very hard to see my screen !!

LOL

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,429 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where in the World is Scorchestra

LOL! Hi guys! So sorry about the delayed report! I am having laptop problems. I keep getting a message about my start up disk being full and it makes my programs shut down. I writing now from my iPhone.

The Turtle Bay is beautiful as always. Yes, there are changes.The ever changing lobby has changed again, but this time for the best. Gone is the coffe and pastries cart. In it's place is a beautiful bar with lots of wood. Tastefully done. In the morning they sell coffee, fruit, yogurt and other goodies. In the late afternoon and evening they sell drinks; Mai Tais and a whole menu of exotic sounding drinks some with herbs such as thyme others with passion fruit. The former bar with pool tables has also been redone. It is very modern, dark, stylish and happening. I call it 'Waikiki in the lobby" they call it the Surfer Bar.

We spent all of yesterday morning swimming and frolicking in Waimea Bay, which was like a huge bathtub, lovely! The culinary highlight yesterday was Opal's Thai Food in Haliwea

We were greeted by the owner and made to feel as if we were in his home. He hand picked what we would eat after asking what we like. It was delicious! We tried new dishes that we never would have thought of. The culinary experience was so great that we skipped going out to dinner and instead had sandwiches , Maui chips and a glass of cold white wine on the lanai. Watching the thousands of stars in the sky, the ocean, the forests, only the sound of the pounding ocean - yup, I'm back at the Turtle Bay!

Now it is 8:00am here. We will eat our fruit from the fruit stands that we bought then take a drive down the windward side. I need to figure out what to do about my shoulders that hurt with sunburn. I am afraid I overdid it the first day too much sun.

Have a good day everyone. Get back to work, go on! LOL.

Mentioned in this post
Turtle Bay Resort
Turtle Bay Resort
4,705 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Waimea Bay
Waimea Bay
1,017 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
21,019 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where in the World is Scorchestra

Aaaahhhh!!! Sounds wonderful. Opal's sounds perfect. So does dinner of sandwiches, Maui chips and wine!!!

Use a good aloe lotion on those shoulders and keep them covered for a couple of days (do you have a rash guard?). And have a great time.

Thanks for the update. Debbie

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Sask
Level Contributor
700 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where in the World is Scorchestra

Opal Thai's was one of the best meals we've ever had on Oahu. Some places give you lots of food with lots of starchy fillers (and much of it goes to waste). At Opal's the portions aren't the largest, but what you get is superb.

Glad you are having a great time.

Mentioned in this post
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Chesterfield, Mich.
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where in the World is Scorchestra

SC, so glad to hear from you! Great that you are having a wonderful time at your home away from home. The food sounds delicious!

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
17,238 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where in the World is Scorchestra

Aloha scorch from HOT SoCal! You may be having too much fun, lol...except for the sunburn - get some baking soda. About 4 tablespoons per cup of cool water. Soak a washcloth and lay over the sunburn while sitting on the lanai with a glass of wine (beer in my case).

The green aloe goop works pretty good too.

3Chihuahuas

Mentioned in this post
Aloha Hawaii Tours
Aloha Hawaii Tours
1,177 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,233 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where in the World is Scorchestra

Makes me want to hop a plane and drive direct to Turtle Bay.

The lobby improvements sound wonderful!

Mentioned in this post
Turtle Bay Resort
Turtle Bay Resort
4,705 Reviews
Oahu, HI